Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 11-07-2021, 11:04 AM
Kobold

Default Root landing consistently with 255 (300+ MR)

I could be incorrect on how mechanics work, but should a bard with 255 mr (significantly higher realistically) be commonly rooted by green mobs.

The main culprits are NPC pets, specifically in wakening lands and plane of fear, many of which are mid 30's and green con to a 60 bard.

As I mentioned I could be mistaken and this could just be how the game works, I understand everything has a small chance to land but it's about 40% when cast from pets.
Old 11-07-2021, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Are pets checking resist using their owner's level? Kinda makes sense for magician pets to do this - is it happening and if so is it intended?
Old 11-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Root has obviously since broken dating back to when I played a lot in like 2015. The easiest way to tell is either being the kite bard in fear or just a monk in general. Root ALWAYS lands. However, it does seem to break faster with higher MR.

But it's infuriating to be kiting fear and get rooted over and over by greens. You basically have to be ready to dispel yourself to do it reliably.
Old 11-07-2021, 05:13 PM
Kobold

Rooted today mid Geonid swarm by a roaming Holgresh Elementalist, a level 34 mob. Meanwhile I'm 60, with multiple pieces of Vulak and Doze loot, sitting at 222 MR unbuffed and well over 300 with song, fun times for bard living.
Old 11-07-2021, 06:44 PM
Planar Protector

Wasn't there a bug long ago where if you had enough MR, it would wrap around and become low again? Like if you thought you had 260 MR (5 over cap), you would actually have 5 MR (5 over zero)? Is it possible this is connected?
Old 11-07-2021, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Shinko was having problems with this too

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=390255
Old 11-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Kobold

wouldn't be surprised if it was possibly related to the same resist code Red99 had early into its launch when mage pets killed the server down to 30 pop. Then it was fixed mid Kunark and players came back.

Considering on Green/Blue if you /duel someone the resist code is completely different than if you're fighting in an arena/pvp flagged, I think its possible that Blue/Green are using a different resist code that might be outdated. Either way a basic root spell shouldn't be landing consistently on level 60 players with high MR.
Old 11-08-2021, 03:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't there a bug long ago where if you had enough MR, it would wrap around and become low again? Like if you thought you had 260 MR (5 over cap), you would actually have 5 MR (5 over zero)? Is it possible this is connected?
This was a bug in Baldurs Gate - buffing magic resist on resistant monsters would wrap their resist down to practically nothing as you describe.

I wonder if resist is getting wrapped round into a negative number.
Old 11-08-2021, 11:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This was a bug in Baldurs Gate - buffing magic resist on resistant monsters would wrap their resist down to practically nothing as you describe.

I wonder if resist is getting wrapped round into a negative number.
unlikely the culprit. I have experienced this with ~240ish MR (no wrap around yet as not broken cap) its something specific to earth pets from npcs. I dont have trouble resisting roots from even blue con caster mobs but very green low lvl earth pets will still land consistently on even a lvl 60 with high MR.
Old 11-08-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

You're probably right. I hope the devs will look into this.