Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 10-17-2020, 06:04 PM
Sarnak

to all your questions no no no no

its not part of the 3rd paryt software section as it doesnt interact with the game
it doesnt fix the reset device
alt+enter or alt+tabbing isnt being fixed by this
this doesnt help a laptop use a different gpu

if you goto the website you can read that the dgvoodoo drivers are a wrapper for direct x 8/9 api calls to your gpu to display anything on your screen in a modern and more gpu friendly direct x 11/12 api calls

eq is direct x 8
your nvidia geforce 900s are built around direct x 12 based
amd gpus back to the r5/r7/r9 200s are direct x 12 based
Old 10-17-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

These files basically intercept the direct3d calls for d3d 8 and 9 and translate them so dx10 and 11 can handle them instead, thereby allowing newer OS's to handle them much better.

It's not just EQ; I use these for numerous older windows games as well that either plain wouldn't run or would crash often in x64 Windows 10.

-Mcoy
Old 10-18-2020, 04:16 AM
Sarnak

i need to buy you a beer mcoy
Old 06-24-2021, 04:43 PM
Orc

Can someone provide an updated link to dgvoodoo2? Or upload it somewhere for download. For whatever reason, the previous link is gone and unavailable. I have a feeling it will do a lot for my EQ experience on my new computer. Been crashing like mad since i got it -- mostly video card issues similar to those described above where you stay in the game despite the screen freezing and going black on min/mazimize or alt+enter. Sound keeps going, can type, /q, sit and camp etc. Would love a chance to use this fix.
Old 06-24-2021, 07:41 PM
Planar Protector

Site seems fine to me. In fact there's a new version as of last week:

http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2/

-Mcoy
Old 08-24-2021, 06:44 PM
Aviak

nothing fucken works, it keeps getting worse and worse

freezing in ww and sk now
Old 11-26-2021, 03:20 PM
Sarnak

God bless you... I can't believe I haven't done this sooner. I think my shaders (despite my eqclient configuration) are working now, vision as well... no more resetdevice failed error. I could cry right now
G Razamanaz [Mage]
R Aprisle Howlingwind [Druid]
Old 04-24-2022, 05:10 AM
Orc

I know this post is old, but I've been struggling with:

1) When I first came to P99, I had nonstop blackscreens in the middle of fighting/walking. I could still hear the movement around me, but I couldn't type or use commands or anything. Only Alt+Enter force closing worked. So, per the advice on the forums, I got WinEQ2. ---->#2

2) I ran WinEQ2, and I had less crashes, but tonight, I started having crashes in Frontier Mountains, galore. I died once, and I should have died more times. I couldn't break invis, so I realized either I couldn't play in this zone or I had to investigate. After nonstop searching for a while, I randomly came to this post.

I did exactly as was written on the front page about x86 and all that jazz and made sure it worked and after removed the watermark. Well, amazingly, the crashes stopped immediately (I could no longer use WinEQ2 after this, which is fine by me). So, an issue that was literally affecting me so badly I wasn't sure I could continue playing was fixed because of this issue. I know I'm not the only one suffering here. Please, get this fixed if you have this issue.
Old 04-25-2022, 04:48 PM
Sarnak

Default random tip

instead of hitting alt-enter and getting deviceFailed() crash

Hit alt+O and use the in-game menu to switch between windowed mode and full screen.
You'll be amazed how often you won't crash by doing this versus the alt+enter trick.

I'm getting a weird crash lately. maybe someone out there has experienced this..it seems sometimes when i first log in for the day i will crash on character load in and get the submit feedback[yes/no] window crash...after that initial crash i am always able to get in on the 2nd try
Weird? it's been happening for quite a while, maybe video drivers version or dg_voodoo version?
Last edited by digush; 04-25-2022 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2022, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaix1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
good thing i run Linux and don't have to worry about any of this
Lucky!