Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I stopped drinking caffeine for about a year now, and it was rough. Headaches, irritability, lethargy. It only lasted a few weeks though, it will get better.

Ride on my rescue for a few shifts and you'll never want to smoke another cig again. COPD is terrifying.
TOTALLY been thinking about not drinking coffee anymore. I've been doing it for years now and in the last year it's definitely got worse. 2 toddlers + wife + work = MORE COFFEE!

I really should just stop, but I just ordered another box of San Fransico Bay Rainforest Blend from Amazon......so, maybe after this batch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafier [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
TOTALLY been thinking about not drinking coffee anymore. I've been doing it for years now and in the last year it's definitely got worse. 2 toddlers + wife + work = MORE COFFEE!

I really should just stop, but I just ordered another box of San Fransico Bay Rainforest Blend from Amazon......so, maybe after this batch. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel you, I aso have 2 small kids, and my wife still drinks coffee.

Hardest part is in the morning at the station, everyone sitting around bullshitting and drinking coffee. That's where decaff K cups come in handy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-29-2015, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itap [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel you, I aso have 2 small kids, and my wife still drinks coffee.

Hardest part is in the morning at the station, everyone sitting around bullshitting and drinking coffee. That's where decaff K cups come in handy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So....I don't mind decaff. But I've noticed the 'stains' on my teeth just starting to appear. Ahhhh vanity.

Anyway, if I am going to stop, I'll just stop. I love fruit, maybe I can just munch on some apples or whatever.

But ya....at work EVERYONE drinks coffee around me and my wife does drink as well, but not even close to what I consume. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And, I am a +1 dad because I let my kids sip my coffee. My daughter loves it and would drink my whole cup, my son not so much.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so what did you guys do about after eating? after a meal, and being stuck in traffic are like the two times that my brain goes fucking nuts for them
Atlanta traffic on my way home nearly kills me. I am a vocalist so I play karaoke videos on YouTube through my car and sing my heart out lol. After eating.... I eat some more...lol. I haven't figured out that one yet but im trying.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:19 PM
Kobold

Best thing you can do is reward yourself for your progress. For me, I would go buy a $10 blu-ray movie on my way home from work every other day. Watch it after dinner to keep my mind on something.
I also had to take a break from bars, or other trigger events for about a month.

But, it worked and now I have zero mental craving and a large blu-ray collection!
Old 09-29-2015, 01:29 PM
Sarnak

I've smoked for about 10 years and just switched to vaping and it 99% satisfies my need for cigarettes. I have 2 other friends who quit smoking the same way. I have to recommend it to anyone who struggled with quitting cold turkey
Old 09-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so what did you guys do about after eating? after a meal, and being stuck in traffic are like the two times that my brain goes fucking nuts for them
For me, I knew I'd have those cravings and thus switched to vaping. That was about a year ago and I haven't smoked a cig since. In the beginning I was vaping at 18mg nicotine and doing it all day. After a while I switched down to 12mg, and now I'm down to 6mg. At this point I can go a few days without vaping and not have cravings. My next step will be completely quitting vaping.
Old 09-29-2015, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Nobody does the nicotine gum or patch anymore? Does it work?
Old 09-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Nobody does the nicotine gum or patch anymore? Does it work?
They never worked
Old 09-29-2015, 05:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaunja [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still going strong. Man that shit has a stronghold on my mind. Kudos to anyone who has quit before. It's not easy
Good luck. You can do it. Mind over body.

Smoked for 27 years. Quit cold turkey about 6.5 years ago, without effects. And lost 80 lbs.
Closed Thread