Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2020, 12:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as petitionquest, how about we have a limit to how many times per week or per month a guild can even file a raid petition? Like in the NFL where the coach only has so many red challenge flags per game. That way people aren't petitioning every tiny little slight and technicality in hopes the GM's rule in their favor, you have to use your petitions wisely.
Lumped petitions to 1x a week I feel would be a good addition. Though if there are multiple infractions, severe punishments.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:20 PM
Large Bat

I think this would turn the current 20 page petitions the GMs have to read into 100 page petitions because guilds would try to bundle them...
Old 10-21-2020, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

Then throw out the whole thing if you get to a second incident in the same petition.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:46 PM
Large Bat

The real problem is that we're encountering a lot of problems around racing, training, leapfrogging etc... those ALL stem from rooted dragons...
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Large Bat

Another option is FTE race with a 1 hour lockout 3 weeks of every month. Every 4th cycle the big guilds, Freedom, AG, Riot don't participate for a full 24 hours post first pop, that allows casuals time to band together and go after any target(s) they want.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:50 PM
Planar Protector

Well Galach has made it clear that ToV specifically is only one part of a ten point list of problems and bringing up rooting/unrooting to him is pointless.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:51 PM
Server GM

Not dev/management. I can't unroot.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:56 PM
Banned

FTE lockouts literally solves every single issue in one fell swoop and we already have yellow text in place. I say we try it for a month.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

The problem is that EQ is simply not designed to have two competing raid forces in the zone. There is no magic rule set that will make it work. I logged on to Riot discord today and read some of the quotes from the UN about Jorlleag AEs and Tunare and my brain began to rot.

I used to think rotations were the answer until I played on TAKP and watched one of the guilds there fail to kill KT with 40 boxes for 6 hours "because the throne room repopped too fast". Project 1999 is popular precisely because it's difficult to get those raid pixels.

So the solution has to be some sort of indirect competition, aka a time attack. The magic of quakes was always that the guilds who were most efficient got the most pixels, rather than the guilds that poopsocked/tracked the hardest. Making everything quakes would be a big step in the right direction IMO. But I still think my League Promotion System is even more reasonable.
Old 10-21-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
FTE lockouts literally solves every single issue in one fell swoop and we already have yellow text in place. I say we try it for a month.
It doesn't solve petition quest and likely makes it worse without server side notifications of when a guild is locked/unlocked.
Closed Thread