Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: What is your favorite race?
Barbarian 12 9.68%
Dark Elf 3 2.42%
Dwarf 8 6.45%
Erudite 13 10.48%
Gnome 7 5.65%
Half Elf 17 13.71%
Halfling 10 8.06%
High Elf 9 7.26%
Human 10 8.06%
Iksar 11 8.87%
Ogre 11 8.87%
Troll 8 6.45%
Wood Elf 5 4.03%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2021, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Default Least Favorite Race

What is your least favorite race?
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 11-23-2021 at 08:16 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 08:17 PM
Planar Protector

Fail thread with typos - Least favorite race was the intended question to go alongside the favorite race thread.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:19 PM
Banned

Team half elf cleric reporting in.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fail thread with typos - Least favorite race was the intended question to go alongside the favorite race thread.
Oh, wood elves.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:22 PM
Fire Giant

Just about every race in the game I find some charm in, some redeeming quality in them that I like. Had to think about it but of all the races I find ogres the least interesting. Their city is a pain to navigate, and their faction politics are annoying. Of the two evil brutish cities, I'll almost always go with Grobb over Oggok.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Voted half elf though it was a tough one. All races in EQ are pretty cool to me in their own way but some race/class combos are my least favorite like half elf druid or ranger because the low wisdom is such a bad stat.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just about every race in the game I find some charm in, some redeeming quality in them that I like. Had to think about it but of all the races I find ogres the least interesting. Their city is a pain to navigate, and their faction politics are annoying. Of the two evil brutish cities, I'll almost always go with Grobb over Oggok.
I feel you. I almost voted troll but so many cool dudes like trolls and I feel like it's just a matter of time before I'm a ride or die troll guy too. Right now I'm in the ogre camp when it comes to evil fat bastards.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 08:27 PM
Fire Giant

For sure. It's not that I dislike a race for being dumb, brutish and evil either. I genuinely like Trolls.

For me, it's just more of...it's kind of hard to explain. Ogres are evil without really feeling like they're part of the evil club. Many ogres are still KoS in parts of Neriak and Grobb. Lots of their quests involve screwing over their supposed "allies". The faction politics make no sense (the whole warrior vs SK guild thing) and worst off, one major part of their city is basically impossible grind faction with (Shamans of War) if you're not an ogre shaman already.

Ogres just feel bad to play to me.
Last edited by tadkins; 11-23-2021 at 08:29 PM..
Old 11-23-2021, 08:57 PM
Planar Protector

I agree their city seems neglected. The troll town has more going on by far less seemingly useless open space (meant for kiting troll NPCs for easy exp?)

The fact that they are basically universally hated because they are big and ugly and dumb is what I like about them. They're like large size halflings with half the brain. Their lore is what I like. When I play an ogre I'm a good guy, despite being KOS everywhere. Their internal turmoil seems to explain how they haven't conquered the entire known norrath with their superior strength, they are busy killing eachother as a result of their cursed intellect.

Despite trolls having worse wisdom and intelligence than ogres it is clear that they have fully intact brains for living a cunning and cruel life and seeking those things, while ogres are genuinely brain damaged.

Boomba the big gives hope for all ogres to be accepted into society if you can prove you are not a physical menace to those around you.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-23-2021, 09:33 PM
Fire Giant

The butt scratch thing might have been funny once upon a time but to see it in repeat forever is pretty obnoxious
Closed Thread