Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 11:06 PM
Sarnak

Default Open TOV Raid - Saturday 21 May

Hey,

Our open raid has been in West TOV for the past three weeks, and we've averaged ~15-20 armour drops a raid.

For this weekend's raid however we'll be doing something quite different.

We're going to be breaking directly from the zonein through the entrance hallway and the central hub into the very beginning of North TOV. Once properly positioned we'll be pulling the nearby Named guards, and once that's done - that is, if it appears that we have the right setup for it - we'll be trying our hands at a flurry drake or two. If everything goes well we may return to West TOV for the final one or two hours. Note that many but not all of the mobs we'll be killing on our way up to North have the same likelihood to drop armour as the mobs within West TOV.

I'm well aware that this entire prospect is going to be quite challenging technically, however if I wasn't confident that we could handle this I wouldn't be committing us to it!

All classes are welcome, however we're restricting to Level 60 only.

I would like for everybody to be at the TOV zonein by 540PM EST, for a 6PM EST start.

If you wanna come please send me a PM after reading the section immediately below this one. Also included are details on our loot system, which is a glorified and elaborated random rolling system designed to optimise everybody's control over what they actually walk away from the raid with. Given that this will be only our first potential contact with the flurry drake loot table we won't be incorporating them into our loot system, but it's possible that we may do so in future raids. Instead, everybody will just delegate a single character upon which they'd like to contest for a flurry drake loot in the event that we should be able to get any to drop. I'll set this up at the beginning of the raid.

If you're interested in coming along, send me a Private Message in the following format:

(i) Entitle your PM with your character name and your level and class. FOR EXAMPLE: "Eabon: 60 Warrior".
(ii) What is the likelihood you'll be able to show up this Saturday? FOR EXAMPLE: "Definitely", "Very likely", "Not sure, we'll have to see what happens"
(iii) What other Level 60 characters do you have that you'd be willing to attend the raid on should there be a need for them. FOR EXAMPLE: "60 Cleric, 60 Enchanter, 60 Necromancer", "None at all"
(iv) Your loot choices: Either (a) One Primary and Two Secondaries, OR (b) Three Secondaries (SEE SECTION BELOW ON LOOT SYSTEM/RULES)

So, your PM should look something like this:
Title: Eabon: 60 Warrior
(ii) Definitely available
(iii) Can also come on 60 Shaman
(iv) (1): Plate Legs, (2): Chain Boots, Chain Gauntlets

LOOT SYSTEM/RULES:

We will be using a modified/elaborated "random roll" system for loot distribution.

Our loot system can be described as a PRIORITY SYSTEM (specifically, a Two Tier Priority System), insofar as each person designates or prioritises up to three items.

Firstly, each person on the raid designates one item as their primary priority ("1") - typically the item that they most want - and two items as their secondary priorities ("2") - typically the two items that they want the next most *

When an item drops:
(i) All those who have designated that particular item as their "1" will be permited to roll for it. If only one person has designated the item as their "1" then they are awarded it automatically by default.
(ii) If nobody has designated that particular item as their "1", then all those who have designated it as "2" will be permitted to roll for it. If only one person has designated such an item as their "2" then they are awarded it automatically by default
(iii) If nobody has designated that particular item at all (either as "1" or "2") then all raiders who have a Level 60 character that they could use that item on in any capacity are permitted to roll.
(iv) If nobody is interested in the item for any of their Level 60 characters the item will be looted up so that it can be MQed later.
(v) Whenever somebody wins the item they designated as "1", they will no longer be eligible for their designated "2" items unless (a) those they're competing with have also won their "1" item, or (b) nobody else has designated that item as "2". That is, when you win your "1" item, you won't any longer be able to roll against somebody for your "2" items, unless they have also won their "1" item. *

And that's it. You choose one item that you want the most (one "1"), and then two items that you want the next most (two "2"s).* When an item drops, all those who have designated that they want that item the most ("1") get to compete (roll) for it, and if only one person wants it the most then they are awarded it automatically. If there isn't anybody who wants it the most ("1), then all those who have designated that they want that item the "next most" ("2") get to compete for it, and if only one person wants such an item the next most then they they are awarded it automatically. If nobody has designated the item at all, then all raiders who have a Level 60 character of that armour type are free to compete (roll) for it. And if at any point you win the piece you designated you wanted the most ("1) you will no longer be able to compete for those items you designated "the next most" ("2"), except when those you're competing against have also won their "1" item.

Simply put, this system allows people to prioritise those items that they feel will be the best for their character. And in so doing it massively increases the likelihood that people will end up with the pieces that they actually want the most. After all, there are certain pieces within an armour type that are incredibly good for one class while being pretty terrible for another, and this system gives people the chance to set their own personal agendas. It also eliminates situations in which you roll for a Gauntlets or Arms early in the raid but then find yourself unable to roll for a BP or Legs that drop later on in the raid, due to the "one-loot-rule".

In practice, when any given item drops I will announce the names of all those who have designated themselves as "1" and "2" for that item. If there is only one person at the highest level of priority then the item will be awarded to that person automatically. If there is more than one person at the highest level of priority then after waiting two minutes I will call for a roll.

NOTE WELL:
You will be free to select any three items granted that they correspond to the armour type of at least one of your Level 60 characters. That is:
(i) You CAN mix and match from across armour types, e.g., choose one plate item, and two silk; or one chain, one leather, and one plate, etc.,
(ii) All of your selections MUST be intended for a character of yours who is Level 60. In other words, you can't select and compete for an item for your Level 52 Shadowknight, your Level 55 Monk, your Level 59 Warrior, or your friend's/brother's/mother's Cleric/Warrior/Bard/Mage/Wizard, etc.,

*Those who feel that they would prefer to have three secondary priorities rather than one primary priority and two secondary priorities are free to do so. This choice removes the handicap that should you win your primary priority item you are no longer permitted to compete for your secondary priorities, whilst at the same time gives you the disadvantage of not having any items at the highest tier of priority.
Last edited by Eabon; 05-17-2016 at 11:14 PM..
Old 05-18-2016, 02:11 AM
Kobold

i'll be there, friend!

Drastick Measure, 60th Human Bard
Officer of <Fires of Heaven>
Old 05-18-2016, 09:56 AM
Banned

Can't wait! Let's kick some more ass
Old 05-18-2016, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Id love to be there for this one, will try to bring my cleric if flurries are the goal as they are quite a challenge
Old 05-18-2016, 03:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

i love seeing things like this. well played Eabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Old 05-18-2016, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the 3 cartloads of beetle bakes delivered to the Swift-tail guild in Cabilis, Eabon. I have to give you and your halfling ways credit for sneaking past the vigilant Crusaders of Greenmist. For the coming raid, the Monk Death Squad requests 100 Bladders of Lizard Milk per dragon pulled. If you don't feel like finding a lizard to milk, I hear Klok Wyga takes shiny metal.
Old 05-18-2016, 03:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i love seeing things like this. well played Eabon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think sirken should respawn a named dragon or 2 for them as a reward for creating some server unity =)
Old 05-18-2016, 05:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trungep99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think sirken should respawn a named dragon or 2 for them as a reward for creating some server unity =)
Sleeper Perhaps [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

If the Sleeper is reset, will A/A have to rename themselves? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-18-2016, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Eabon lives for this shit like Vin Diesel