Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-09-2022, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

So your stance is that Mages are the worst PvE class? Got it.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your stance is that Mages are the worst PvE class? Got it.
Yes, Mages are a very bottom heavy class. They solo/group well at low/mid levels, and then fall off in the high levels due to lack of Utility. It's why you see so few level 60 Mages doing random stuff in the world outside of raiding.

Mages can still farm low level dungeons like Droga quickly, but honestly many classes can still farm Droga at a good speed. Unless that is your passion on P99, it's not a great end for a level 60 character.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's why you see so few level 60 Mages doing random stuff in the world outside of raiding.
Never did get an answer to our inquiry as to what they're doing. Too bad; I was genuinely curious, not just looking to argue.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Never did get an answer to our inquiry as to what they're doing. Too bad; I was genuinely curious, not just looking to argue.
Same. I was hoping to be wrong, maybe I am just really unlucky at finding Mages. But so far I haven't found any videos of Mages doing higher level camps, or even people talking about it in this thread. The people who are defending Mages should know this. Droga's the only camp that's really been mentioned, but it isn't a hard camp, and not high level. Any class can do it, just at different speeds.

The one video posted was cool (seeing a Mage solo an Ice Burrower), but that Mage had their Epic. I would like to see a video without Epic, since that is how the vast majority of Mages operate.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Same. I was hoping to be wrong, maybe I am just really unlucky at finding Mages. But so far I haven't found any videos of Mages doing higher level camps, or even people talking about it in this thread. .
The last time I saw a mage in-game he was doing 4-way in a duo in kael, which isn't bad. Pretty solid area, laid back, nothing wrong with that. The next to last time I saw one, it was two of them trying to duo upper frenzy in velk and they died rapidly. Then I don't see any for the most part getting into harder areas until we start looking at really high-end farm team type stuff where call of the hero pulling gets used.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Was in a good group a few weeks ago at upper dogs. Cleric, enc, magician (and war). Having the magician REALLY made things easier for the cleric/enc tbh. They worked very well as a threesome without the war too.

It was an epic mage though.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 08-09-2022, 05:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was in a good group a few weeks ago at upper dogs. Cleric, enc, magician (and war). Having the magician REALLY made things easier for the cleric/enc tbh. They worked very well as a threesome without the war too.

It was an epic mage though.
Cler/Ench/Mag is a good trio. I've done it for xp, and I think it would be a great Puppets farm group. It's nice that the mage pet holds aggro during a charm break instead of having the enchanter or cleric take hits, especially against summoners.
Old 08-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cler/Ench/Mag is a good trio. I've done it for xp, and I think it would be a great Puppets farm group. It's nice that the mage pet holds aggro during a charm break instead of having the enchanter or cleric take hits, especially against summoners.
Yeah I like having the second pet around for charm breaks as well. Enchanter /mage can do cliff golems with basically no chance of dieing. Can solo one spawn on the enchanter,but there's a guarenteed death at some point.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I like having the second pet around for charm breaks as well. Enchanter /mage can do cliff golems with basically no chance of dieing. Can solo one spawn on the enchanter,but there's a guarenteed death at some point.
You can pet tank with a Shaman pet on Cliff Golems. Mage pet specifically isn't necessary: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umuVBewCNgY . Just need the Golem to be slowed.
Old 08-09-2022, 06:37 PM
Planar Protector

In a mage/enc duo on cliff golems I don't think I'd swap the magician out for a shaman.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung