Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-23-2022, 10:56 PM
Planar Protector

remember: level 4 mez is the only mez spell that is interchangeable with aoe mez
Old 08-26-2022, 03:40 PM
Kobold

AoE mez is awesome and feels kinda busted at times. And yes it's way better once you're level immune. Also when you get higher level, the mana difference between the two spells starts to matter a whole lot less. Most situations I find myself in at 60, I don't even keep a single target mez on my spell bar because the AoE mez might save my ass, and I don't care about the difference in mana.

When soloing a tough summoner at higher levels, it keeps you from having to switch targets to mez your pet. If you have the enemy targeted and charm breaks, just cast the AoE mez with the summoner targeted and it catches your pet. These are spots where fractions of a second matter so not having to switch targets is great.

In a group and 2 or more mobs pulled at once? Just mez them all and don't worry about trying to figure out which one the assist is on so that you can then switch to the others to mez.
Old 08-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Sarnak

I used it a ton levelling up, even keeping my MR up for it before I was immune. I liked to stun->ae mez to reset after a charm break solo. Also nice to lock down a pull quickly in an xp group, but it's a bummer that it is likely to blur the mob your group is killing if you can't exclude it from the ae area.

Lately though I find myself memming it less and relying on color slant+skew more heavily instead. That may be in part because I haven't done a lot of soloing against mezzable targets lately, though. You have the option to slant then memorize ae mez, but if things are going smooth enough I tend to just recharm on the stun.
Old 08-29-2022, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

No
Old 09-01-2022, 06:59 PM
Planar Protector

Way back when I was leveling in a regular group our enchanter was king at locking down mobs with aoe mez. Our puller would pull a dozen mobs at a time and they'd be locked down while we cut everything down one after another. With a good enchanter and good puller it's a whole lot of fun and great exp.
Old 09-01-2022, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

low mana and with chance to blur it owns.