Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-27-2022, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Until I had unlimited torpor mana I frequently chose to use Togors insects (caps at 70%) to save 75 mana per cast. The cast time was slower (annoying), but it was perfectly good.

70% vs 75% isn’t that big a deal for most content. More important is the duration of turgid vs Togors
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-27-2022, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Until I had unlimited torpor mana I frequently chose to use Togors insects (caps at 70%) to save 75 mana per cast. The cast time was slower (annoying), but it was perfectly good.

70% vs 75% isn’t that big a deal for most content. More important is the duration of turgid vs Togors
Exactly. Having an extra 3 minutes on your slow is huge. The 5% still helps when your Enchanter is getting summoned and they are in paper armor, and on tough mobs that hit hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The pet may summon sure. But I assume you aren't slowing your pet so not sure how that's relevant?

I wouldn't classify 5% as much better but I respect your opinion
You would slow the pet in an emergency during a charm break. Better to have a gimped pet for a few minutes than die. That is another nice thing about a Shaman, we get an AoE slow. As an example, if you are using Dictate to charm a pet, you won't be able to mez/stun the mob if it is level 56-58.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-27-2022 at 03:12 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 04:28 PM
Fire Giant

When the pet summons you,you get into melee range of the mob being killed. Instant agro from it since pets can't hold agro vs a player on p99
Old 08-27-2022, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When the pet summons you,you get into melee range of the mob being killed. Instant agro from it since pets can't hold agro vs a player on p99
Very good point. Mobs always prefer players over pets, even if the mob is rooted and the pet is closer.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-27-2022 at 04:33 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exactly. Having an extra 3 minutes on your slow is huge. The 5% still helps when your Enchanter is getting summoned and they are in paper armor, and on tough mobs that hit hard.
3 minutes is huge when this theoretical group already has 2 hasted charm pets?

I think not. Would be happy for you to provide me the “math” behind anything a group will be doing that takes longer than 3 minutes for a single mob to die with 2 hasted charm pets.

I am patiently waiting.

TLDR: 5% more slow is important but doing 40-60% (actually more) less personal dps and not being able to give the charmed pets 11% more haste is not.

Any competent cleric paying attention can keep the enchanter alive. I’ve done it about a thousand times or more on my 59 cleric with a single charm class. Having extra pets means the charming class can just back up 2 steps and only eat the dmg from their own pet without aggro on the main mob. And IF the cleric can’t keep a charm class alive through a single break … then what the F are we even talking about? Better to have no charms?

This isn’t rocket surgery.

Last edited by Troxx; 08-27-2022 at 07:39 PM..
Old 08-27-2022, 07:43 PM
Planar Protector

From page 3 of this worthless thread. It still holds true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cleric and ench duo are already wickedly OP. Add a second ench for 2nd pet and backup cc and it’s that much easier. So yeah 3/4 are spoken for.

Remaining options:

-druid (lol no)

-wizard (lol even more no)

-shaman: gives you redundant slows you don’t need, heals you won’t need, buffs you won’t need, a pet that sucks and malo (value added). Dots will not add much as with 2 ench pets nothing is alive long. Malo is good but shamans don’t have a monopoly on this line. Shaman isn’t a terrible choice, but you’re bringing along a class that can’t contribute as much as other options

-mage: strong pet for additional dps and backup tanking (value added), malo (value added), mod rods (value added), coth (value added for both mobility and aggro wipe mechanics), pet haste masks (value added as pets are literally all your dps) … and when all else is covered and nothing else needed, nifty nuke burn potential.

-necro: decent pet choices for additional dps and backup tanking (value added), twitches (value added), additional cc (value added root and screaming), backup heals (probably not needed but value added), FD (value added and opens up some content), snare (meh but value added?), backup rez (value added) … and when all else is covered they can burn extra mana nuking stuff down or just twitching.

So yeah in this theoretical best of the best it’s either
-clr/ench/ench/mage if you don’t need a FD split
-clr/ench/ench/nec if FD split would be useful or at a tougher camp that may benefit from the expanded necro tool kit (but you lose malo)

Shaman are a top notch class but compared to mage or necro … relative dead weight only contributing redundant bs you don’t really need. A competent cleric can easily manage 2 charming enchanters cross covering cc … and healing a charm pet is so laughably easy you don’t need slow … and when you do enchanters can do that too last I checked.

I fully expect a literal tidal wave of dissenting responses from DSM but I call em like I see em.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
From page 3 of this worthless thread. It still holds true
Yeah it's been fairly obvious what the correct answer was since the first page or two. It's pretty much been 5-6 people arguing with 1 moron about a dumb viewpoint of which he's the only person on the planet to hold for 90+ pages. My only disagreement (and you may agree but it's not clear from your post) is I still hold that a 3rd enchanter beats out any other option for the 4th slot. Outside of a 3rd enc I agree with you completely.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What mobs are your Enchanters going to Charm for Ixi?
Slixin Klex is a fine pet (standard level 50 mob). Unfortunately the other two enchanters will probably getting relatively weak level 45ish mobs.
Old 08-27-2022, 08:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it's been fairly obvious what the correct answer was since the first page or two. It's pretty much been 5-6 people arguing with 1 moron about a dumb viewpoint of which he's the only person on the planet to hold for 90+ pages. My only disagreement (and you may agree but it's not clear from your post) is I still hold that a 3rd enchanter beats out any other option for the 4th slot. Outside of a 3rd enc I agree with you completely.
Agreed. I was right then and now.

Shamans are an OP class. Stellar at solo duo and trio … but this was a thought experiment. In any situation outside of this thread shaman is always an obvious choice. They are that good!!

But for this specific thing thought experiment … necro or mage wins.

My personal preference is necro cause damn they are OP when well played and now their pets are so much closer to mage.

But it is:
Cleric
Ench
Ench

For final spots it is
Another ench
A mage
A necro

Mediocre choice:
Shaman

Bad is bad:
Druid or wiz