Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 08-29-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Might I ask for similar recommendation for a 60SK with absolutely no raid gear?

-Hergar
guards?
Old 08-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Right. Only raid geared thanks can solo cool things, huh? ��
Old 08-29-2022, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right. Only raid geared thanks can solo cool things, huh? ��
yes
Old 08-29-2022, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Not sure what class you are, but you’re definitely a Troll
Old 08-29-2022, 02:44 PM
Planar Protector

Not really, just realistic.

You'd make more plat / hour tracking spawns for Riot of Vanq and burning that DKP for droppables to sell.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took a swim around fell this morning looking for clean-ish spots to kill him.
If you killed the pathing mermaid, and managed to get him single it might be possible to kill in the tunnel just before him.
You would need clean faction/ovp just to get there, and you would have to split him out of 4 or 5 super nasty mobs..but maybe?

Also every few hours a group of seahorses paths through there and scares the bejesus out of me.
I'm pretty sure the occasional seahorses are from people training from cs to ww. It is weird that they reset through fellspine.

Would be cool to see an sk solo him. Can a melee /q faction on something they're solo killing and still melee it down?
Old 08-29-2022, 03:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really, just realistic.

You'd make more plat / hour tracking spawns for Riot of Vanq and burning that DKP for droppables to sell.
Thanks. I’ll look to try out some of the previous suggestions in this thread. I suppose the farming aspect of this thread implies that I’m just seeking plat gained. I’m seeking out some fun camps to try out for exciting loot drops.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Might I ask for similar recommendation for a 60SK with absolutely no raid gear?

-Hergar
not many things tbh.. but these were the stuff i did + Reaper quest(broken rn) when i was new to the server

mostly stuff in Lguk and cpl things in HS north.. technically you only need to get a mob down to 25% Health and spam spook the dead and they flee in place with darkness on

the ghoul magi - just lull 1 and flop on crit resists
https://wiki.project1999.com/Shining_Metallic_Robes

a frenzied ghoul - when he actually has the sash he might kill you.. clear the pather + one in hall then you can sorta fear kite OR clear the entire room using lull and kite inside his room( doable at lvl 54)

https://wiki.project1999.com/Flowing_Black_Silk_Sash

a ghoul supplier - common cash camp for monks/wars since its lvl 39?
https://wiki.project1999.com/Thick_Banded_Belt

a ferocious hammerhead - kinda a tough mob.. only fight him in the room he spawns or he can get CH'd by the seahorses
https://wiki.project1999.com/Driftwood_Treasure_Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nobody does because an enchanter in droppable gear is 10x more potent

the sad truth is yes a lv 60 enc with droppable gear w/ 255cha can literally farm all high plat value items mobs but you can't buy ToV gear wit plats and even if you could a fully BiS Ntov enc has no more an advantage (or feeling of progression) vs an old world geared 255 cha enc since its mostly RNG. Better off having more enchanters at that point if you look at it in the grand scheme of things... which is why I got 2 lv 60 encs and the only time i log em in is to exp crawl with friends or quickly farm things in chardok which is kinda boring after awhile... SK sniping mobs on the other hand is fun to me and there's more progression with every loot you obtain. it's like a lv 60 sham getting Torpor or epic it opens up areas they couldn't do otherwise. but that's just my opinion
Old 08-29-2022, 03:35 PM
Kobold

Thanks Zati! Lguk has been on my mind and I’ll be testing those camps out when I can. I’m aware the setting makes a significant difference. I’ve been fear kiting Alizewsaur in OOT with relative ease whereas my 57 Shaman can get boned by a couple resists. I did farm Reapers for a while doing faction for my Ring of the Dead recharge.
Old 08-29-2022, 03:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure the occasional seahorses are from people training from cs to ww. It is weird that they reset through fellspine.

Would be cool to see an sk solo him. Can a melee /q faction on something they're solo killing and still melee it down?
Sks have a pet, does fell try to run? I've never seen the end of the fight. If he does they could fd when he starts and let the pet finish it.