Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-03-2022, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'll take my post history over the 500+ combined posts that are just memes/insults. Spreading the trolling around to multiple users doesn't make it less silly. At least I am trying to have a conversation, unlike yourself.
Nope you are just being obtuse because thats your personality. Keep showing everyone tho, surely you will sway everyone with your data.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope you are just being obtuse because thats your personality. Keep showing everyone tho, surely you will sway everyone with your data.
Using data is more persuasive than insults and memes. I am not sure who you are swaying by simply insulting me over and over. It just makes yourself look bad.
Old 09-03-2022, 05:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using data is more persuasive than insults and memes. I am not sure who you are swaying by simply insulting me over and over. It just makes yourself look bad.
That's not an insult, the data shows this is true.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:01 PM
Fire Giant

DATA.jpg
Old 09-03-2022, 06:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
My data says everyone that reads this thread thinks you're a moron

Hope this helps
Last edited by PlsNoBan; 09-03-2022 at 06:59 PM..
Old 09-03-2022, 08:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Oh this is easy too. There are camps that Enchanters can't do.

West Waste Dragons are a good example. They AoE dispel (charm break) and summon, so they are pretty difficult for an Enchanter to do. I never see Enchanters soloing West Waste Dragons because of this. The pets an Enchanter can get in West Wastes are also not very good.

Shamans can solo West Waste Dragons, so they would allow your group to do them quite easily. As I mentioned before, mobs with high resists such as Ixiblat Fer and Fungi King are also mobs that a Shaman is good for. The Shaman can focus on slowing the mob while the Enchanters/Cleric keep the pets under control.

The Mage offers nothing other than DPS.
The WW wyvern huner/huntresses seem to be perfectly good pets, but yeah aoe dispel is a real deterent for enchanters.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

No need to slow when you’re melting mobs fast. I always feel bad for shamans in groups when there’s a cleric because the group is chain pulling so fast that the shaman slow isn’t even needed nor are his heals
Old 09-04-2022, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No need to slow when you’re melting mobs fast. I always feel bad for shamans in groups when there’s a cleric because the group is chain pulling so fast that the shaman slow isn’t even needed nor are his heals
Shaman is a useless class in a fast killing grp with a cleric 100%. Especially one that has 2+ enchanters. This is very common sense and most people just intuitively realize this with no data or testing required.
Old 09-04-2022, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shaman is a useless class in a fast killing grp with a cleric 100%. Especially one that has 2+ enchanters. This is very common sense and most people just intuitively realize this with no data or testing required.
Not all groups are chain pulling, and Mage is redundant too because the Enchanter DPS is enough. The group is killing things in 30 seconds because of the Enchanters, not the Mage. Again, you are only saving about 4-5 seconds per kill by adding a Mage vs. a Shaman. Shamans can also root/rot in easy areas where chain pulling is possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel bad for Mages to be honest. They mostly become CoTH bots because they just don't offer enough in the endgame. All of the teleport classes (Wizard/Druid/Mage) have the same problem. Their kit works well in the early game, and peters out in the end game. You basically use these classes to farm plat for a better class, or use their niche ability in raiding.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-04-2022 at 02:28 PM..
Old 09-04-2022, 02:29 PM
Banned

Once again more dps (50% more) is more useful than redundant extra heals and utility that are already covered. I agree with you more dps in a 2 charm group isn't a HUGE benefit. But it's much more beneficial than less dps and unnecessary heals/utility. You can keep saying shit like "its only 30 dps" all you want. Mage could do 2 dps. If Shaman only does 1 dps it's still 2x more. The scale doesn't matter it's the relative dps to other classes. Sorry this is such a hard concept for you to grasp. Maybe you'll get there someday.