Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 09-08-2022, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Default Orb of Tishan for necro

Hey all - level 44 on necro. Was trying some high 30s / level 40 mobs (Xalgoz) and noticed a shit ton of resists. Would an Orb of Tishan be worth it in the long-run (heading towards level 60) the 6-7k+ to purchase? (Or bid on next time guild gets one from Talendor / Sev?)

Or, should I just suck it up and stick to lower level mobs?

Theenks
Last edited by zelld52; 09-08-2022 at 03:56 PM..
Old 09-09-2022, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelld52 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey all - level 44 on necro. Was trying some high 30s / level 40 mobs (Xalgoz) and noticed a shit ton of resists. Would an Orb of Tishan be worth it in the long-run (heading towards level 60) the 6-7k+ to purchase? (Or bid on next time guild gets one from Talendor / Sev?)

Or, should I just suck it up and stick to lower level mobs?

Theenks
Pass, more of a bard weapon imo. I had no issues with kaesora resists and charmed there until 46 or so.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:14 AM
Skeleton

I use it to lower mr on mobs I intend to do long term charm shenanigans with. It makes charm last longer and most necro CC spells are mr based. Charms, lulls, roots, fears, screaming terror, all become more consistent against that mob. Proc it on Xalgoz and you can absolutely pants him with charm. Falgiron Staff would be easier to acquire though. Just go hang out in Skyshrine for a bit, I am sure someone would let you loot one. Seen more than one rot while I was there. Procs at level 1.
Old 09-16-2022, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PestilentCancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I use it to lower mr on mobs I intend to do long term charm shenanigans with. It makes charm last longer and most necro CC spells are mr based. Charms, lulls, roots, fears, screaming terror, all become more consistent against that mob. Proc it on Xalgoz and you can absolutely pants him with charm. Falgiron Staff would be easier to acquire though. Just go hang out in Skyshrine for a bit, I am sure someone would let you loot one. Seen more than one rot while I was there. Procs at level 1.
Nice, that's a decent item regardless of the proc. Might have to hang around Skyshrine...
Old 09-16-2022, 12:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PestilentCancer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

oooh thanks, yeah i didnt even know about this item
Old 09-20-2022, 03:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pass, more of a bard weapon imo. I had no issues with kaesora resists and charmed there until 46 or so.
I saw this mentioned on a bard guide, and on one hand its obvious why--bards can get in the mix better--but I was kind of curious, what it was that bards actually do with it?

Is it just something you put on until it procs so you can more easily land certain songs on it? Or is it more to just help groups in general with landing roots/mezzes/charms or whatever?
Old 09-20-2022, 05:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I saw this mentioned on a bard guide, and on one hand its obvious why--bards can get in the mix better--but I was kind of curious, what it was that bards actually do with it?

Is it just something you put on until it procs so you can more easily land certain songs on it? Or is it more to just help groups in general with landing roots/mezzes/charms or whatever?
All of the above [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And easier to incorporate into your play vs the pure casters who can use it. Just a solid item I would not pass up on a bard.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

wow i saw this post and then totally forgot i have a bard character....with an orb of tishan

lol
Old 09-21-2022, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I don't have one yet on my bard. I haven't missed it solo (although maybe there is some content I haven't tried where it is good), but on rare occasions I have been at a raid where we engaged something slowable without an enchanter immediately available and that's where I have wanted it. It is a better tash than on a Journeyman's Walking Stick.