Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-22-2022, 07:33 PM
Kobold

It's definitely no GINA; though, EQ Alert works on linux if you're looking for a linux parser with TTS. Doesn't have any overlays or a GUI yet but I welcome any forks or pull-requests!
Old 09-23-2022, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Introduction
Over time I saw a few people use a software called Gina that does Audio trigger and text trigger/timer. I never looked at it since I had my bash script that does pretty much the same and I am quite happy with it. In the past weeks I saw a few reference to people saying that Gina just don't work or install under Linux and I was curious to checkout why. Long story short, I went on to try and see if it can be made to work and if I could in the process share my findinds so that maybe other can benefit from it. Much like I benefit from the work of others.
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Like you I often play from Linux and have a custom setup for the log parsing I care most about, but my guild has an extensive GINA package so it will be nice to have the option to run it to get the same alerts they do.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:27 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by freezzo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what its worth, I was just going through this with GINA on Mac using some newer crossover builds. I had to use SAPI winetricks, used dotnet 4.8, and installed the voices from http://espeak.sourceforge.net/ and they were working. The issue I have however is that it doesn't look like my log file is actively parsed, so no triggers ever fire, although I can search the logs fine and it shows it should trigger.
Would you care to post some more detailed instructions and links? I tried to replicate that but im not getting anywhere. Trying this on an M1 Mac with latest Crossover.
Old 10-06-2022, 02:50 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for taking the time to post this. Like you I often play from Linux and have a custom setup for the log parsing I care most about, but my guild has an extensive GINA package so it will be nice to have the option to run it to get the same alerts they do.
Would you be able to share your custom setup?