Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 03-31-2022, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Default Warrior Gear Help

Hey All,

Been pushing hard to make sure I have the gear needed for the raid scene. I am a casual player who only has time in the evening to level and raid. I was hoping to get some suggestions on gear to shoot for as I continue my journey. I doubt I will ever get into ST or VP so any suggestions from those places would be out of my realm. But if you see anything I could improve on gear wise outside of those places, I would be greatly appreciative of the suggestions.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Barshum

Epic wise I still need the blade from chardok and greenscales from sev (that I will probably never get but that’s okay)
I am still working towards Belt of the Four Winds from sky
I still need another bracer of myrmidon, not sure if ill want a helm too, but I know helm of RZ would be way down the line maybe.

Thank you in advanced!
Old 03-31-2022, 01:53 PM
Banned

Your gear is actually pretty decent right now. I recommend getting to 60 and maybe

joining

a casual guild that does HoT
Old 03-31-2022, 02:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your gear is actually pretty decent right now. I recommend getting to 60 and maybe

joining

a casual guild that does HoT
Agreed, their gear is on the upper end for non-raid gear (or highly expensive droppable raid gear).

Most of their gear is HoT already, they are just missing one bracer and the helm. Honestly those two pieces won't give that much bang for the buck anyway, and they aren't too expensive to buy. They need a guild who is doing higher end raid content than HoT to get any significant improvements at this point.

Only items that come to mind for non-raid gear you could get without spending too much money that could improve your setup are:
https://wiki.project1999.com/Eyepatch_of_Plunder
https://wiki.project1999.com/Coldain..._Insignia_Ring
https://wiki.project1999.com/Regal_Band_of_Bathezid

Honestly getting to 60 and making sure you have the necessary resist gear is the two biggest things you need to do right now. Until you hit 60 you won't be doing much more than being a DPS in raids.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:12 PM
Planar Protector

Get 60, join guild, attack merbs, profit.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:15 PM
Fire Giant

Question

Get 60 and join raid guild. We have had a war get green scales during app period lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Way more bang for your buck + they don't have raid attendance requirements anymore so long as you are semi active and put in effort, will have a ton of fun /nod.
Old 03-31-2022, 02:37 PM
Banned

heard stories of guilds giving green scales to warriors who camp scepters lol
Old 03-31-2022, 02:52 PM
Sarnak

Thank you for the suggestions guys. Level 60 is definitely a priority as it’ll give me stats no item can give. I wish they had not changed the Zem. I hate KC.
Old 03-31-2022, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Overall, some pretty decent gear. Suggestions below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am still working towards Belt of the Four Winds from sky
You'll need a new back item when you finish sky belt. I highly recommend Iksar Hide Cape until you get something with 100 hp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still need another bracer of myrmidon
Don't do that. The bracers aren't worth the CFEs. Just keep using Silver Chitin Wristband and maybe show up for some scout rolls to try to win Bracer of Benevolence. Those are pretty good all around bracers until you get better out of NTOV or Doze quest bracers.

Also work on your Coldain ring up to ring 7 (or buy an MQ) so that you can go to ring 8 rolls, too.

Quote:
not sure if ill want a helm too, but I know helm of RZ would be way down the line maybe.
I do like the SS helm; same HP but it swaps STA for DEX. Switch for sure when you hit STA cap with shaman buffs.

The easiest other upgrade I can see for you would to be to hire someone to farm Hammered Golden Loops for you. The way this is commonly done is you park your character out, they confirm you are online and kill the PH until your item drops, and then you switch and loot. More power to you if you have an alt factioned for chardok that can kill it yourself.

Finally, I'm really not a big fan of Wavecrasher. The ratio sucks and the slow isn't that great. I'd sell that and use Infestation main hand with Frostbringer offhand. The eventual goal would be to get Willsapper main with red epic offhand until you get weapons out of VP or NTOV.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 03-31-2022, 04:42 PM
Kobold

Work on getting PoM resist flowers too. The first few are relatively inexpensive.
Old 03-31-2022, 10:09 PM
Fire Giant

I'm just going to list the cheap ones.

Ear: Golden hoop from chardok, LR is about 4-5k per
Face: Eyepatch of Plunder (self camp stormfeather, LR for turtle map is about 8-12k)
Bracer: Go to scout roll and get 2 bob's
Range: Eye of narandi (not A LOT better than idol, only if you have extra cash)
Maybe ring 9

The rest of the slots are going to require a lot more plat, or raiding.

I didn't include clickies like cobalt bracer, cobalt leg/incarnadine bracer, etc. as they can be accommodated by potions. Unless you have a lot of extra cash.