Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 08-11-2022, 11:57 AM
Planar Protector

Default 59 Enchanter Exp

Hey guys, just hit 59 on my Enchanter in HS North. Been soloing/duoing there since 52/53 on the Blue server.

I'm looking to expand my horizons because...well I'm pretty bored. My play time is sporadic so I solo often with frequent camp outs for 5 minutes to 2 hours.

I'm looking at moving to a few spots and would love any input from the community since I've searched the forums and haven't seen a lot of 59 Enchanter exp information, so I figured we could make a good reference post. I'll turn it into a wiki guide.

I'm skipping over the single spawn dwarves, FM level 50 giants, and other camps that are more geared toward 55+ necros, shamans, monks, or other soloers.

1. PoM rat maze

Pros - Easy charm pairs. All warriors. Leave with the svp and svd flowers. All mobs are blue. Decent ZEM (no idea what it is). Ability to run through A1-A4 for a shot at thrones and crowns. Enough mobs to always log in and exp immediately.

Cons - No loot outside of low value lore cards that need to be moved to a mule. Pretty straight forward repetitive fights. No ToT for mana regen. Need to stay bound there or pay the price for another CotH which isn't always available and costs 2-3k plat. Only option for a rez is a Cleric/Necro bound in PoM. No zone line.

2. Permafrost Bear Pits

Pros - Easy charm mobs. All warriors. No ToT mobs. Great ZEM. Possibility of duos.

Cons - Terrible Loot. Requires binding in the pit. Only way out is Druid port, port item, or hammering off a fellow player. Competition from Druids or other soloers. Very difficult to get a rez. Difficult to enter. No zone line.

3. Howling Stones North/basement/entrance

Pros - ToT mobs galore! Duo opportunities. Good ZEM. Okay vendor trash and Adamantite Club chance. Decent location to get a rez. Multiple spots if one is camped. Ability to pull and root 3+ mobs frequently. Bound near porting hub. Opposite of boring.

Cons - Skeletons harm touch. Difficult corpse runs. Medium traffic. A lot of greens mixed in. Pitfall traps. Densely packed mobs. Bad pulls can lead to more mobs than you can aoe mez. No zone line. Dangerous zone in on a corpse run.

4. Howling Stones West

Pros - Same as North. All mobs are blue. Named spawn can only be the good item mob from North. Boss has good loot drops.

Cons - Very difficult corpse run if you don't die near the pitfall trap. Need a key or stalking probe for the door. One safe spot. One named spawn location (3 in North). Dense mobs and patrols. Higher level = more resists.

5. Sebillis Entrance/NRG/Disco/ABC

Pros- Group/duo/trio opportunities. Best loot and vendor trash. ToT mobs. Easy to get a rez. Not boring.

Cons - High traffic. Bad solo corpse runs. Far out bind. Shaman frogs. Wizard frogs. Enchanter frogs. A lot of green frogs. High resist mobs. Dense pulls for named. Shaman frogs. No zone line. Requires Boltran's charm for a lot of the camps. Summoning mobs. Shaman frogs. You will get ganked on pvp server and corpse camped.

6. Velks spiders

Pros - Easy non-kos if you haven't taken a faction hit. Good safe spots to camp and afk. Easy access. Easy rezzes. Good loot. Easy zone line. Easy mobs to charm and fight. Great music. You can work on your shawl and armor gems. Dense pulls if needed. Very accessible. No summoning mobs.

Cons - High traffic. No ToT mobs. Slippery spots you have to learn. Werewolf form = no fashionquest. Boring.

Let me know anything you would add or remove.
Last edited by Tewaz; 08-11-2022 at 12:08 PM..
Old 08-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I’d just bounce between NG / disco bugs and Frenzy in velk.

Frenzy is far easier, nothing casts or summons, but NG is the best xp + loot if you can manage full clearing the golem (it can drop bedlam, etc iirc).
Old 08-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

It's a pretty good list.

In PoM if you bind somewhere where it's easy to get to Peachy you can at least ToT when you have to do a full recovery. I think its worth pausing xp for a round of puppets if you chance on the opportunity while levelling in there.

I consider thurg pot materials another velks pro.

You should be able to hammer off a bear pit mob or seb frog pretty easily. Slow yourself first and take off your haste item if you have one. This raises your per-swing proc chance quite high; it feels in the ballpark of one proc in three swings or so. Then you can mez/slow the target, and if it's dangerous you can stun before each swing but I usually just remez after hitting.
Old 08-12-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's a pretty good list.

In PoM if you bind somewhere where it's easy to get to Peachy you can at least ToT when you have to do a full recovery. I think its worth pausing xp for a round of puppets if you chance on the opportunity while levelling in there.

I consider thurg pot materials another velks pro.

You should be able to hammer off a bear pit mob or seb frog pretty easily. Slow yourself first and take off your haste item if you have one. This raises your per-swing proc chance quite high; it feels in the ballpark of one proc in three swings or so. Then you can mez/slow the target, and if it's dangerous you can stun before each swing but I usually just remez after hitting.
These are some pro tips right here.

I have only done Alice and rat maze in PoM.

Do you simply ToT and Wandering Mind Peachy and then memblur? Could Peachy be used as a pet?

I have never done puppets, can they be soloed by an enchanter?
Old 08-12-2022, 01:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
These are some pro tips right here.

I have only done Alice and rat maze in PoM.

Do you simply ToT and Wandering Mind Peachy and then memblur? Could Peachy be used as a pet?

I have never done puppets, can they be soloed by an enchanter?
You can charm her with allure, I use her to kill the main room chest. I didn't xp in the rat maze so I'm not sure how she would compare to other pets down there. I ToT/WM then 4 mez and consider till she's nonkos.

Puppets wouldn't be a practical solo; they're duoable with a cleric but imo you want a third to speed it up and keep the charm breaks lower risk.
Old 08-15-2022, 12:11 PM
Planar Protector

An update:

I spent some time in Velks. Incredibly camped at the moment. I saw the same players on my three or four logins looking for a camp.

I did two or three runs in Sebillis and the mobs are higher level, but there are a number of issues that slow down how quickly you can kill:

1. Shaman mobs are as bad as advertised when grinding exp. If you get stuck with two fighting each other they will both slow each other and heal so you are stuck hasting your pet and/or chain stunning the other shaman.

2. Mob HP pool leads to longer fights.

3. A lot of green still mixed in from entrance to NG down to Disco.

4. I got torn between fighting and clearing or trying to do a combination of pacify and invis. You can get decently far with the invis and pacify combo but then you may run into one mob in a group that sees invis and you have to calm backward or try for a calm, memblur combo which can get rough.

Overall, not the best solo, but doable, and the loot is much better when there are bugs mixed in and the frogs seem to have about a 5-10% gem drop chance which is much higher than the 1%ish in HS.

I ended up going back to HS North and was getting around 4-5% an hour at 59 with ease while holding down the three named PH's. The biggest boon for HS is the insane number of skeletons making your mana regen insane if you run ToT and Wandering Mind simultaneously.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Another note on 59. The exp really flies when you get an appropriate number of blues and drags when you are getting a lot of greens.

I believe West in HS is going to be the best experience and I will try to check it out tonight.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:39 PM
Fire Giant

Not an enchanter, but as a shaman the Perma bear pits were $$$$$$.

I averaged 10% every 1.5 hours at level 59. Saw enchanters killing mobs much faster than I was able to, and they seemed to love it.

If you have OT hammer, bind down at pits, hammer out to do anything ya need.
Old 08-18-2022, 12:37 AM
Kobold

I did my enchanter 59 in hole by Yael Pit. There is a nice little loop with plenty of mobs between golems and elementals. You can pet the ratman and break mem blur when low HP for regen. Bind by docks, zone out via the door behind Yael spawn point. Plenty of casters to ToT. Steady flow of XP, but shit loot. By 59 you can easily pet the golems if your rat dies. I think there is around 7 golems in the loop. Most mobs comes single, except the golem room at the end (3x golems packed together) but they’re easy to break with paci. I had fun giving my pet dual gold plated kashigatana https://wiki.project1999.com/Gold_Plated_Koshigatana
Old 08-18-2022, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Mobs that cast gather shadows, like crystalline spiders, should have a mana pool to tap, shouldn't they?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung