Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 09-15-2022, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Are they really that bad?
No, it’s jealousy
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

#1 SK SK SK SK
Old 09-15-2022, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm seeing a lot of people ranking Necro a lot lower than I would've expected.

I think people can get hyper-fixated on the absolute best classes for raiding, but really all the classes are quite useful / do something useful for the raid. Necros don't have the sexiest job in the world but being a mana battery is pretty damn helpful.

I'm raiding on a wizard for the first time and I was expecting it to just be completely awful given what I had read here and in reality it was mostly fine.
Old 09-15-2022, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kich867 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm raiding on a wizard for the first time and I was expecting it to just be completely awful given what I had read here and in reality it was mostly fine.
It was awful for me. Went to Vox, Naggy, Phinny raids, all belly casters. I was completely useless as wizard. If I got close enough to nuke, I was dead.
Old 09-15-2022, 11:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I'm seeing a lot of people ranking Necro a lot lower than I would've expected.

They're actually a really good but balanced class. Excellent soloing that requires next to no gear, and they are a versatile group class with boatloads of utility. Their raid role is lacklustre, however.

It's more that Enchanter, Shaman and Bard are overpowered classes, and outstrip the Necromancer at his soloing, grouping and raiding capabilities.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're actually a really good but balanced class. Excellent soloing that requires next to no gear, and they are a versatile group class with boatloads of utility. Their raid role is lacklustre, however.

It's more that Enchanter, Shaman and Bard are overpowered classes, and outstrip the Necromancer at his soloing, grouping and raiding capabilities.
Woah woah woah, Necro is a fine raiding class. DA training and bone walking are high value and high skill. Twitches, corpses summons and the occasional rez are great as well.

They are a much better play maker in ToV than those other classes you listed and solid in VP. Meanwhile, Shamans, Enchanters and Bards do a lot of wall licking. A heads up Ench/Bard can do some work, though. Shaman? We have enough of those. Please log to your rogue, thanks.
Old 09-16-2022, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keebz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Woah woah woah, Necro is a fine raiding class. DA training and bone walking are high value and high skill. Twitches, corpses summons and the occasional rez are great as well.

They are a much better play maker in ToV than those other classes you listed and solid in VP. Meanwhile, Shamans, Enchanters and Bards do a lot of wall licking. A heads up Ench/Bard can do some work, though. Shaman? We have enough of those. Please log to your rogue, thanks.
As a Necro looking into raiding, what is "DA training" and "bone walking"? I'm assuming the DA has something to do with Harmshield?
Old 09-16-2022, 01:40 PM
Fire Giant

You DA, run through a bunch of mobs in a specific direction to move them out of the way for your raid to get to a dragon to kill it. You chain DA's, namely Harmshield + Shiny Brass Idol, to make it last longer.

Bonewalking is where you bind sight on your pet, fd, duel a rogue, then use pet attack/back to follow that rogue around getting your pet in position. Once ready you stand up aggro the mob and a bunch of stuff. This can be used once again, to move shit out of the way, OR to allow someone to tag off a particular target mob.

The other thing you can do is DA engage, basically you DA, FTE the dragon, while the tanks and clerics get in position and get heals rolling.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Groups and Duos, Shaman, Cleric and Druid should be top 3. They are the start of almost any group and duo. Raids can't be done without healing. As much as people want to pump up other classes, priest classes will always be top 3 in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids heal in raids? Thought they just cast circles and PoTG then swap to a useful class after buffs are done. no?
Having a Druid in the fight to cast their AC/ATK debuff can do something, but yeah they are not good healers. Can still contribute by healing up some AOE damage, but it's limited. Shaman aren't ideal for that job either, Torpor reduces DPS as compared to Cleric heals.

eqraven is overrating Druids in general, they aren't a good defensive class at higher levels. Enchanters on their own are better "healers" than Druids via Rune, Slow, and superior mana regen.

Priest classes are not necessary for every Group composition and especially not Duos.
Old 10-07-2022, 04:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Having a Druid in the fight to cast their AC/ATK debuff can do something, but yeah they are not good healers. Can still contribute by healing up some AOE damage, but it's limited. Shaman aren't ideal for that job either, Torpor reduces DPS as compared to Cleric heals.

eqraven is overrating Druids in general, they aren't a good defensive class at higher levels. Enchanters on their own are better "healers" than Druids via Rune, Slow, and superior mana regen.

Priest classes are not necessary for every Group composition and especially not Duos.
Superior healing does just fine in a duo. If Cleric is unavailable, Shaman and Druid are next more desired for Warrior/SK/Pal/Ranger/Monk/Rogue