Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Aviak

^ still talkin about tiggles days later
Old 07-11-2014, 10:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Update:

Catherin still suspended until 8/1.

Numerous Taken members have been banned due to Catherin's testimony to Derubael resulting in an increased amount of anonymous accounts and bots spamming anti GM comments.

The new .dll went live with the new patch and can now record autofire keystrokes/clicks this is why it is now showing up as a keylogger on many people's PCs. You can check the technical forum for proof of that.

I believe a massive autofire ban wave will cripple guilds like IB and Taken soon.
Damn. Good Info.
A key logger just sounds so shady.
Hopefully it is used for only good deeds.

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 07-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, dsetup is our anti-cheat. No, it's not malicious software, no it doesn't affect your computers performance, and no we cannot steal your credit card numbers or do anything nasty with the file itself. No, it's not getting removed, because it's our primary method of detecting third party programs, and without it Project 1999 would be rampant with cheaters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
GMs/Guides can't even read tells/groupchat because Rogean want's to keep the privacy of the players. So I doubt he would go so far where he can be arrested for stealing numbers to bank accounts when he limits the staff to not reading people cyber tells.
The "key logger" is used to ban auto fire. Nice.
I trust them. But it does not hurt to be safe over sorry.

I didn't know GM/Guide could not read tells or group chat...lol

Turp --- Purp
60 Shm 60 Wiz
Old 07-11-2014, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaffin 7.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yo neno no one reads that shit with neon colors fuck off
think about the meta troll they're doing
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by General [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah especially when Tiggle's screaming headline is about a player who turned in their pearl to RF fast because they lined up the trade windows, he needs all of the attention he can get to pull out of this slump.
just let him go bro...let him go...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm going to see planet of the apes. stay tuned.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Was camping ass/sup about a year back, maybe more.

Had a couple of suppliers pop one after the other so had a spare Light Burlap Sack.

No sooner had I announced it to the zone did Catherin appear out of nowhere and snatch it up.

Definitely someone with a plat obsession. Sorry to all the L35s in the zone, Catherin got there first.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pufen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just let him go bro...let him go...

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm going to see planet of the apes. stay tuned.
My cat looks EXACTLY like yours
Old 07-11-2014, 05:13 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was camping ass/sup about a year back, maybe more.

Had a couple of suppliers pop one after the other so had a spare Light Burlap Sack.

No sooner had I announced it to the zone did Catherin appear out of nowhere and snatch it up.

Definitely someone with a plat obsession. Sorry to all the L35s in the zone, Catherin got there first.
I always had questions about this person. I was on the server before them and one of the only 50 enchanters for the longest time (in Transcendence). Then this person comes around shortly after kunark buying up a Mana Robe and stuff. It just never fit how a person gained so much plat (items/?/) in a short span.

My tin foil hat is always ready though.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrotos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always had questions about this person. I was on the server before them and one of the only 50 enchanters for the longest time (in Transcendence). Then this person comes around shortly after kunark buying up a Mana Robe and stuff. It just never fit how a person gained so much plat (items/?/) in a short span.

My tin foil hat is always ready though.
Catherin is worse than the sockiest TMO member. He would sit on frenzied camps for days straight for years.

No way in hell does he have a job or any social life. I'll admit TMO has some savage nerds but no one is as bad as Catherine.
Old 07-11-2014, 05:42 PM
VIP / Contributor

Don't get me wrong. I never could find anything on them, so it all seemed up and up. I don't dislike nor like him/her and never had any interaction with them. Just it never really fit.
I do think the stuff being said about them crosses the lines, especially some posts coming from people who cried about Harrison or other people doing it to them and asked me to clean up that stuff.

Who really gives a shit if they do/don't use a voice changer. Fuck sakes even auto fire was classic on live servers. I find it funny how they were caught by vent recording and got in trouble. If this is the case then Sloan and his friends need to be banned since vent was used for proof on their RMT while in BDA, and that isn't as much of a grey area as something classically allowed on live servers.

Rightfully/wrongfully we have more tracking shit being injected that "could" cause more false positives on 3rd party programs. Even the entire issue with autofire could be solved by the simple fucking stance could have been 1 tracker per guild/tacker can't engage. Issue resolved. It solves so many other issues at hand that people are crying about daily. Makes no sense to me.

Using spell casting macros with spell delay wasn't classic during this time period. That should also be considered a exploit and punish everyone using that also.

Good job on the thread though. Good trolling.