Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-03-2023, 09:01 PM
Large Rat

Question Possible to get email when new announcement posts are made?

Hello,

Maybe a dumb question, but I recently found out that there was a 50% bonus exp event for the Thanksgiving holiday. Is there a way to have the forum send me an email alert when a new post is made in the News & Announcements forum? I figure that way I won't miss it if/when there is another bonus exp event.

If not, how are others managing to find out about these things? Are you just checking the website daily?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-04-2023, 05:02 AM
Planar Protector

You can subscribe to forums and set the email notifications

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 12-04-2023, 08:14 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not, how are others managing to find out about these things? Are you just checking the website daily?
it's pretty safe to assume around every US holiday there will be either a gm event, quake, or bonus xp. they will quake minor holidays but the bonus xp tends to come around major holidays associated with extended time off. some of the gm events are preplanned on the forums but some are off the cuff and you have to just be in game to see the system message.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:31 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can subscribe to forums and set the email notifications

Thanks for this! I will give that a try.
Old 12-04-2023, 11:32 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it's pretty safe to assume around every US holiday there will be either a gm event, quake, or bonus xp. they will quake minor holidays but the bonus xp tends to come around major holidays associated with extended time off. some of the gm events are preplanned on the forums but some are off the cuff and you have to just be in game to see the system message.
Thank you, I appreciate the information!
Old 12-06-2023, 09:32 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm311 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you, I appreciate the information!
it doesn't hurt to politely make obscure references leading up to such time periods. for example christmas is 12-25 but i would post on server chat on the 20th or 21st with the title "all i want for xmas is rogean" and in the message portion say something like "i have left cookies and milk out early for the santa menden." if you do anything too aggressive it could backfire but with time and practice you will be able to tease out the event before its actually official.
Old 12-06-2023, 10:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Hello,

Maybe a dumb question, but I recently found out that there was a 50% bonus exp event for the Thanksgiving holiday. Is there a way to have the forum send me an email alert when a new post is made in the News & Announcements forum? I figure that way I won't miss it if/when there is another bonus exp event. wordle unlimited

Thanks in advance!
This forum provides an RSS feed for the News & Announcements forum. You can subscribe to this feed using a dedicated RSS reader or integrate it with a platform like Discord to receive notifications.