Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-21-2023, 10:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by danceparty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Blue is at ranger capacity anyway you cannot roll a ranger on blue so the ranger portion of this class warning is useless but ty
I liked that year when we all collectively agreed rangers weren't op but kinda fun and all rolled our ranger alts and levelled in 6 man groups full of rangers from CMM to KC. That was peak p1999.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 12-22-2023, 08:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

[QUOTE=Lampolo;3636619]Magicians, Necromancers, Rangers, Shadow Knights, Paladins
These classes are the best at nothing and maybe underwhelming when compared to other classes late game.

LOL what late game ??? For the vast majority of players in p99, there is no late game all upper good guilds are full and have a roster already ready to go in a bat phone at any hour.(dam retirees ! LOL) ..and for any regular player, any class that is fun for them will be fun to 60! BTW Necro is by far the best soloing class ever with no twinking required from the start !! No external buffs to 60!! And race means nothing to a necro class !! all races that can be necros are viable !!

Druid’s
Starting a druid to make platinum is a mistake. Earning platinum by porting other players around is underwhelming compared to other ways of making platinum including simply xping in dungeons.

Druids can make more than just port to make money .. especially if you can forage and travel hunt in several zones faster than anyone! (maybe wizards lol)
Bard’s
Nobody wants a Bard’s unless they need a substitute enchanter, a kite or a seizure. Incredibly bad gameplay.[/QUOTE

A good well-played bard is by far the best class in this version of EQ!! and 99% aint good at it ..not even me! The best bards ( I only know of one) can PL people better than druids, duingeon crawls the same as enchanters and makes plats faster than several druids porting all day no help required ! . I only know of one!! maybe two then can pill this off like a champ !!
Old 12-23-2023, 10:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default new Players

Low efforts for new players