Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:34 AM
Banned

if some kind of full resist chance is put in it should be something simple and fair such as every 20 resistance = 1% capping at 10% with 200 resistance.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
Aviak

15% seems a bit more fair....and you know thats A LOT lower than classic...less than these numbers doesnt seem fair to melees who put time and effort in gearing up. jmho. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] server is looking a so much better. Im sure we are going to have a huge launch and null is dedicated he is going to make it very enjoyable! jus make snares/roots 3% but full duration when 150+ MR! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] see yall on the 18th! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] o ya an fix dots only doing 60% on moving targets needs to be higher, like 80% i think. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] we r close!!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
15% seems a bit more fair
not really when at 140 as per nulls numbers you already have a 50% chance to only do 25% - 35% damage, dont think we need an extra 15% on top of that to simply recreate the previous problem where 60% of your casts did nothing.

its fine how it is to be honest and is near identical to the damage numbers of classic, once folks have resistance gear this will become obvious to all but the most hopeless of retards.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:54 AM
Banned

and no, it isnt lower than classic. it is 3x higher than classic was at any level of resist.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:56 AM
Aviak

on classic you know dam well if some1 had 200FR atleast half your nukes are getting full resisted lol...idc i just think if some1 gets that much gear your nukes should be averaging 305 instead of 335. and atleast 10-15% chance of full on resist....not everybody is going to be running around with that much resist.. but ya im OK with how nulls numbers are now. i just disagree on roots and snares landing frequently on 150+ MR.. i think when you hit that much you should be almost immune to it (3% land but lasts ufll duration) if not ur gona have people spamming snare/root :/
Old 11-07-2011, 04:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and no, it isnt lower than classic. it is 3x higher than classic was at any level of resist.
are you kidding me if some1 had 200FR atleast half of your nukes are getting FULL RESISTED, not 50% or 25%. anyways its close i just dont want resists to make gear not that important, that to me would make the game way less fun.. and your a fucking druid if u want your nukes to be near unresistable but little less damage roll a necro like me haha..anyways good night
Old 11-07-2011, 04:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
are you kidding me if some1 had 200FR atleast half of your nukes are getting FULL RESISTED, not 50% or 25%. anyways its close i just dont want resists to make gear not that important, that to me would make the game way less fun.. and your a fucking druid if u want your nukes to be near unresistable but little less damage roll a necro like me haha..anyways good night
i had 208 fr, i resisted rain spells, dual effect dd spells and the like.

i resisted single effect nukes 5% of the time at 208, just like at 25 because that is what the resistance rate was on those spells.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 AM
Kobold

My feedback is that there has GOT to be some sort of full resist system for DD's. Recent changes made casters very very powerful with their damage, as anyone that's tested it out has seen. It's going to take a looong time before people have the resist gear that they are testing/playing with right now, and spells are hitting for a lot of damage as is... so basically at the start of the server, and until people are completely decked out AND have bard resists in their group, they are F'd if they run into a wizard that has mana.

I think, at the minimum, if the rest of the recent spell damage changes stay the same, a 1% chance to fully resist a nuke for every 15 of a resist, is more than fair, and is easily lower than it was on classic (as I remember it). This would give someone with 150FR (which is actually pretty damn high, lets not lie to ourselves) a 10% chance to outright resist a fire based DD, 300 FR a 20% chance, and it can cap there at 20% (or should it?). Leave all other recent caster DD changes as is for now, add this into the mix, and see if casters still seem OP. If this seems like too much, scale it to 1% chance for every 20 resist. For the normally geared player, on a brand new server, either of these would still add up to an extremely low chance of full resisting. You've got to remember, people's resists are going to SUCK when the server goes live, and for a long time thereafter. The recent changes mean casters will dominate melees, 'til Velious. This would be throwing melees a small bone, but even still, it's not much, but every little bit helps.

This proposal, by the way, is far less than the chance to full resist than I recall on classic live. If you ran around with 300+ elemental resists, you were only being hit for full with lures or taps, full and nearly full resists on normal DD's were common. Granted we don't want people to be immune to everything, that's just dumb, but we DO want resists to account for something, you know?

And with the current changes, I am most definitely rolling a caster, and my alt will be a caster. Next alt might be a bard. Was debating a melee main, and after the recent changes was thinking maybe a melee alt, but then I thought "why would I do that to myself?" heh. Even with my proposed change, I'm rollin' a caster. They are just too stacked, and nobody is going to have the resists that things were just recently balanced around.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:59 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darwoth2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i had 208 fr, i resisted rain spells, dual effect dd spells and the like.

i resisted single effect nukes 5% of the time at 208, just like at 25 because that is what the resistance rate was on those spells.
if the chance of getting a full resist on live was only 5% on live, then i must have been the luckiest guy around, because i remember getting way more resists than that and most of the kunark vellious area i ran around with closer to 150 resists.

not to say i think these are bad, but it seems to be way more damage than on live from my memory.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 AM
VIP / Contributor

Gonna post some hard stats since the 40 casts that Darwoth posted are all I have seen. These were generated with a simulator that uses the same code as the server.

The following are spell damage averages over 1000 casts of Starfall by a Druid, and the total of 8 casts (which is about the expected well geared druid can dish out in a bar of mana).

Code:
Resist	:       Average	:	Total
25FR	: 	489	:	3912
50FR	: 	485	:	3880
75FR	: 	455	:	3640
100FR	: 	371	:	2968
125FR	: 	299	:	2392
150FR	: 	257	:	2056
200FR	: 	201	:	1608
250FR	: 	158	:	1264
Keep in mind that these are average damage totals, so it is entirely possible that someone could do much much more or much much less, especially in the 100-150 range. All pure nukes (nukes that only nuke, not dots and not nukes that stun) follow the same curve, so while the numbers might change the percentages should be about the same.
Closed Thread