Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Aviak

aye, he doesn't seem to have much of a clue.
though to be fair i didnt play post the duping wipe, in that small post wipe pre kunark era he is talking about. maybe for a brief period it was a radically different server and for some reason in that brief window they reworked all of the server's mechanics for shits and giggles... or maybe its just because it was post wipe and everyone was naked again which is when casters as a group tend to be most dangerous... who knows...
Old 11-14-2011, 05:22 AM
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

You're all wrong.

Top 30 Classes Breakdown

17 Casters (7 Mages, 3 Clerics, 2 Necros, 2 Wiz, 1 Shaman, 2 Druid) [11int+6wis]
6 Hybrids (3 SKs, 2 Rangers, 1 Paladin)
6 Melees (3 Monks, 3 Warriors, 0 Rogues)

(Source: VZ/TZ 2.0 Leaderboard Pre-Kunark http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...9&postcount=77)

Real melee paradise there bros. Mages make up 50% of the top10 btw.

PS Somewhere I counted wrong and missed 1 and am lazy but this is still an accurate representation margin of error +/- 1.
Last edited by Truth; 11-14-2011 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: fucking magnets
Old 11-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
page 4 sniper
from 4.0 classic? mage time frame?
Old 11-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Kobold

Told you this Booglie guy was smoking crack. The only pure melee that even made the list were perma grouped 24/7 with healer servants like Lasher following them around. They never soloed. Most of their kills were from 30vs30 guild fights or attacking perma-immobilized targets 6vs1 too. It was caster's paradise.

As a side note, there's another snapshot of leaderboard where I'm beating Knuckle and in 7th place or so, so this leaderboard list sucks.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:00 AM
Aviak

i suppose it doesnt matter how often and explicitly i lay it out, but what you're refering to is a small portion of the garage boxes life, and i have no idea what that leader board is based on. was it points based on group based kills? must have been with the clerics on the list. until epics came out, there were virtually no mages on the box... and with the epic pet that could run at selos speed after a target while the mages ran in the opposite direction, mages pwned with those server mechanics. the pet used the same melee mechanics as the rest of the server, which made it some what like a live warrior on steroids with npc ability to follow you around...
Old 11-14-2011, 06:05 AM
Banned

the more i hear about vztz the more glad i am i never wasted time on it, selo mage pets, warriors hitting for 1800, rangers shooting arrows for 400+, rogues double backstabbing for 1k and on and on.

probably the most retarded shitheap i have ever heard of, no wonder there are so many dumbshits from that server making stupid suggestions.
Last edited by Darwoth; 11-14-2011 at 06:08 AM..
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to Truth Send a message via AIM to Truth Send a message via MSN to Truth Send a message via Yahoo to Truth

For that leaderboard, points were distributed between the group. Each player dropped a static 6 points. If melees were the big bad powerhouses, they would have definitely made a larger portion of the final results.

@Darwoth: those numbers are hyperbole, it was never that crazy. My rogue did like 2-300s and doubled maybe half the time. Wars did get big cripplings though but I don't have parses for accurate figures.
Last edited by Truth; 11-14-2011 at 06:09 AM..
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3Afr1ca [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told you this Booglie guy was smoking crack. The only pure melee that even made the list were perma grouped 24/7 with healer servants like Lasher following them around. They never soloed. Most of their kills were from 30vs30 guild fights or attacking perma-immobilized targets 6vs1 too. It was caster's paradise.

As a side note, there's another snapshot of leaderboard where I'm beating Knuckle and in 7th place or so, so this leaderboard list sucks.
negro Jones non of holo or heresy ever ran solo they are way to pussy to do that the hole leader board is people that ran in packs kill shot means nothing, yes mages get kill shots in group pvp pets, nukes double odds
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For that leaderboard, points were distributed between the group. Each player dropped 6 points. If melees were the big bad powerhouses, they would have definitely made a larger portion of the final results.
naez stop trollin
Old 11-14-2011, 06:06 AM
Banned

from an objective point of view does not make much sense to base a "whos class is stronger" argument off of a leaderboard consisting of zergs running around shitting on people.
Closed Thread