Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM
Aviak

Default Disappointed Cleric

My partner and I joined the P99 community in November 2010, myself leveling 2 characters over 50 and my partner 3 characters. My main is a level 60 Cleric - Elixa of Europa, and my wife plays a Level 60 Mage - Natcha of Europa.

Today (1st March 2013) I logged into EQ and was happy to see that my long time friend and guildy Slozem was planning to check for ragefire in Solb. To my surprise he was up and we proceeded to move to Solb, meeting some Divinty members along the way who were happy to help me attempt the final part of my epic. We planned to share any other loot between our 2 guilds <Europa> and <Divinity>.

We were un-contested and cleared all the fire giants to the lair, we killed the Magi Rokyl and had 2 remaining giants in camp. I got a couple of tells quite quickly saying that I needed to hand in the pearl asap as TMO were coming to try and leap frog us. To that I ran to the human form of ragefire with my pearl in hand, tried to click on him to open the trade window, but was already beaten by Hakata and his faster handing in of the pearl. Ragefire started attacking me, I backed away and Hakata pulled him to the stealthfully formed TMO camp.

We watched for some time as ragefire was trioed by Zagum, Hakata and a TMO cleric (I forget her name). No doubt this heart which has been obtained today will be added to the collection of hearts being sold in this thread: http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=96614

Anyway, I find that currently this "community" of players that I am now gaming with leaving a bitter taste in my mouth when I logged off today. I have not been able to obtain my epic for a year now, I have not payed or given anything in return for each of my epic stages apart from my desire to help others complete quests or goals within this game. I am sure you can probably understand my disappointment when I am denied at the very last point of my epic quest to 3 people attempting to amass a horde of platinum.

I understand the rules of this server, and that these are needed to keep a large grey area opening up in guild disputes at the end game. Unfortunately I also remember a time when clearing nearly every fire giant with 3 groups of players and with a cleric hoping for the last mob in their epic quest would be a quite plain statement of intentions, any other group or guild respecting the mobilisation of those people who had logged in specifically to help.

What could be done about this? I am really not sure. But I thought you should know that on this great project and achievement in gaming that some cleaver people have created, moderate and administrate – populated by people who share the same love for this project there are players that treat others in this manner.

I think that if this type of community continues as it is, then we will be producing an environment that is not conducive to maintaining and growing new and good hearted players.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post.

Elixa <Europa>
Old 05-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Sarnak

Sorry to hear about your epic. That sucks.

You appear to have been on the server long enough to know there is a certain toxic percentage of the population playing
who don't give two shits about anyone but themselves.

That said, there are also many very wonderful and helpful people here also. Sadly, most of those type of people stop playing
when they get close to 60 and figure out there is nothing to do at the high level, unless you want to deal with all the bullshit.

Wouldn't see so many duo/trio killings of stuff if they'd go ahead and nerf donals bp now.
Last edited by feanan; 05-01-2013 at 01:26 PM..
Old 05-01-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minluan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

We were un-contested and cleared all the fire giants to the lair, we killed the Magi Rokyl and had 2 remaining giants in camp. I got a couple of tells quite quickly saying that I needed to hand in the pearl asap as TMO were coming to try and leap frog us. To that I ran to the human form of ragefire with my pearl in hand, tried to click on him to open the trade window, but was already beaten by Hakata and his faster handing in of the pearl. Ragefire started attacking me, I backed away and Hakata pulled him to the stealthfully formed TMO camp.

Elixa <Europa>
This paragraph sums up TMO as a whole. Since it is not posted in the rules anywhere that leapfrogging is against the rules, they see it as an open policy to be complete and total douchebags to the rest of the server. Zagum is not a bad guy, but when there is loot involved and pixels to be had, he does not care about anyone but himself.

These are the type of people that ruin the server for people who are not here to try and "Win" at something that was beat years ago, but are here to have fun and play for nostalgic reasons. Until someone see's that it ruins it for the majority of the server, nothing will be done.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry to hear about your epic. That sucks.

You appear to have been on the server long enough to know there is a certain toxic percentage of the population playing
who don't give two shits about anyone but themselves.

That said, there are also many very wonderful and helpful people here also. Sadly, most of those type of people stop playing
when they get close to 60 and figure out there is nothing to do at the high level, unless you want to deal with all the bullshit.

Wouldn't see so many duo/trio killings of stuff if they'd go ahead and nerf donals bp now.
Yes what happened to the OP sucks, but other than that your post is awfully lol-worthy.

Hey OP - did you try talking to the TMO trio at all?
Old 05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes what happened to the OP sucks, but other than that your post is awfully lol-worthy.

Hey OP - did you try talking to the TMO trio at all?
There is no talking to them. If they are there with pearl first they see it as competition and they don't know what "Play Nice" means. God forbid they let Europa get a ragefire kill for an epic. Or even give him the heart out of good will. But that would take away plat from their banks, so no way in hell would that happen.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Banned

Sorry to hear this. If you really want to get an epic I would suggest leaving a character logged out in front of naggy's lair and next time he pops he should be pretty simple for you to get. If it's the weekend and I'm on feel free to shoot me a tell for help.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:44 PM
Planar Protector

Doubt OP even realized TMO was in zone and sniping him until it was too late by the sounds of it.

I have to agree with both Tecmos and the OP:
It was silly to not think someone would attempt to snipe Ragefire, but its also silly that people are so motivated by pixels to be douchebags on a 14yo elf simulator.

My suggestion to the OP is to keep attempting RF, but be more cognizant of snipers. If you see someone pop in zone while you are clearing to RF, send them a quick /t asking what their intentions are. Sometimes an open line of communication can save headaches on both sides. Not saying you won't get screwed again, but I doubt Zagum appreciates this negative press.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:53 PM
Kobold

Aren't Zagum and Hakata the same person? .......
Old 05-01-2013, 01:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't Zagum and Hakata the same person? .......
That's his char yes.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's his char yes.
Zagum has his friend log into Hakata if his friend's warrior is not in the lair. I know this for a fact because I have trioed Ragefire with Zagum about 6 times. I'm not going to name who Zagum's friend is because I'm not sure he desires to be brought into this discussion.

I think Zagum is actually pretty reasonable, and I think if you had a force actually present in the lair ready to go, he might back down. I know that when Zagum, Zagum's friend, and I would camp Ragefire, we backed down when Full Circle had a raid force present. However, the next night, Full Circle was there again, so we asked if we could have Ragefire that night. They said no, so it was a poopsock fest, and Ragefire probably was punishing everyone and never spawned over a 12 hour time frame that night.

However, Ragefire is heavily contested, so if you don't have a force actually in the lair ready to hand in pearl, I don't see Zagum stepping down. I do know that Zagum does not do Ragefire during the work days from like 10:00 AM-9:00 PM EST.

My advice is talk to Zagum to see if you can work something out, have a raid force ready to poopsock in the lair, and hope that Ragefire spawns. I have seen Forceful Entry, Rapture, TMO, BDA, A-Team, and Full Circle all race to get FTE. Ragefire is just one of those spawns that everyone wants due to the awesome loot he has.
Last edited by zanderklocke; 05-01-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Closed Thread