Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 04:39 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not ironic.
How is the expectation of having his issue attended to quickly for being a small issue, and being the exact opposite of what was expected not ironic? This is pretty much the definition. K thx
Old 06-15-2011, 04:49 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last week i tried to log into the server, and i got a msg saying i was blocked. I made petition asking if i could be unblocked, assuming there to be an error since i haven't gotten into any conflicts, or done anything suspect.

I left my account name and character name (all the required info)... been waiting a week now. Urm, kinda wondering what's going on. It can't take long to remove me from a block list, or reply to the post and let me know what's going on.

All my friends are going to be lvled higher than me now [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] I have a few questions for you.

Are you trying to play from the same IP as someone else who plays? (mom, dad, brother, sister, kid, neighbor, roomate, friend?)

If the answer to that is yes then you'll need to fill out an IP exemption on the message board and it looks like you might have already done that.

Did you include the account name for every account that will be used from the same IP?

That message only appears when two accounts are attempting to log in from the same IP.....soooo maybe your neighbor is stealing your signal otherwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

And as others have said..if you are waiting for an IP exemption - those DO take a bit of time to complete.

Sorry for any delays.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

You should first study punctuation before you try and tackle the meanings of complex words.

Your assertion was that it was ironic that Jacobi's petition would not be answered quickly because there were people in line before him. That is not ironic.

Your re-definition is a bit closer to irony, yet still it is not ironic.

Nobody has ever said of our wonderful p99 staff that they respond quickly and directly to every petition, so asserting that "it might be expected" that they do so now is simply a falsehood. Had the p99 staff spent the last year and three-quarters quickly dealing with all petitions, and had this person repeatedly gone through the same channels nobody else ever had a problem with, and still not been "served," that would be closer still to irony. Unfortunately, it's still not ironic unless the behavior is the opposite of what is commonly thought to be routine.

Superman killing the damsel in distress and leaving the villain to live and threaten the city some more could be thought of as ironic; the Joker giving a flower to a little child which then did not emit a poisonous gas killing everyone in the vicinity could be thought of as ironic; the Swiss joining in a military campaign to help the helpless could be thought of as ironic; but if you get less iconic than that, what you have is simply an unlikely set of circumstances.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:00 PM
Fire Giant

1. Using or characterized by irony.
2. Happening in the opposite way to what is expected, thus typically causing wry amusement

Per his post, his issue was "quick" and "easily to be attended to" based on the fact that his fix was simply the removal of a list. This expectation isn't obviously what was happening. So while you can try your hardest to point out any very minor flaw in my, uh, punctuation ... the fact remains you're wrong. R&F been boring you so much lately as to troll over punctuation and your obligations to tryhard?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

Do you even read the posts to which you reply?
Old 06-15-2011, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

Oh I see, you read the first line of my post, and then replied, assuming you knew what I would say in the rest of my post.

We all know what happens when we assume.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Fire Giant

Nope, didn't read anything more than the first line of your post. Too busy man crushing on Uthgaard. You know how that goes.

But seriously, if you have to expend the effort to pick apart what has already been picked apart in countless other threads, for what reasons should I even consider reading it once again? I'll pass.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

just a brief interruption from Hasbin & Koota 69'ing via P99 r&f

continue, sirs.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks Azeth. Miss you buddy.
Old 06-15-2011, 05:07 PM
Fire Giant

would you guys get a fucking room already