Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 12-08-2023, 02:39 PM
Fire Giant

So what if I just agro every mob in the zone and then just run around in circles forever and do no damage

Isn't this expressly DISALLOWED in raids (its called stalling?)
Old 12-08-2023, 06:52 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

This is why in Quarm theynerfed bards to quads only LoL
Old 12-08-2023, 07:03 PM
Planar Protector

I'd say just do whatever you want cuz it's not likely a gm will show up anyway
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 12-11-2023, 11:09 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In unrest? That's clearly zone disruption. Bards have many other nearly-vacant zones to pull their shenanigans in.

That said, I've never had a problem in zones like LOIO if I send a (polite) tell to the bard and ask them to skip pulling from x building on their next round because I'm trying to get some sweet xp too.

-Mcoy
Yeah - friendly discourse smooths out most bumps in P99. *I* have never had any issues with swarm kiting either, aside from getting killed in Chardok a couple times when a bard was over-enthusiastic and got some casters in his kite and it wend sideways and turned into a massive train. I can never decide if I should be impressed or annoyed when a bard has a large kite going off to the right of CE. It is pretty impressive that they can do it in such a tight area.

Anyhow this post was just me trying to clarify a ruling to be certain it was official for one of our guild members. I have done so directly with a green server GM and I posted the conversation with time/date stamps above so others can reference it if need be.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:41 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grunthos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah - friendly discourse smooths out most bumps in P99. *I* have never had any issues with swarm kiting either, aside from getting killed in Chardok a couple times when a bard was over-enthusiastic and got some casters in his kite and it wend sideways and turned into a massive train. I can never decide if I should be impressed or annoyed when a bard has a large kite going off to the right of CE. It is pretty impressive that they can do it in such a tight area.

Anyhow this post was just me trying to clarify a ruling to be certain it was official for one of our guild members. I have done so directly with a green server GM and I posted the conversation with time/date stamps above so others can reference it if need be.
I must say, as annoying as swarming and kiting can be, I just write it off to comp. What bothers me beyond acceptance is when the bard is careless and drops twenty+ mobs on my 6 cause they couldn't be bothered to swarm in an isolated spot but felt compelled to bring their train near me before dying. Glad you can get the xp back with like one more swarm...
Old 12-12-2023, 02:28 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what if I just agro every mob in the zone and then just run around in circles forever and do no damage

Not disallowed - Kiting is a normal method for crowd control in Fear and PoG and even ToV inner ring. You do eventually kill the stuff, but it takes a while.

If a single player did that while causing NO damage, that is called zone disruption in that case. Raid rules do not relate to single player actions, but Rule 10 does.

Bards are actually killing the stuff so if they are not wiping out other people it is allowed and not TECHNICALLY a violation of rule 10, until it starts to impact other players.
Last edited by Grunthos; 12-12-2023 at 02:32 PM..
Old 12-12-2023, 02:30 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I must say, as annoying as swarming and kiting can be, I just write it off to comp. What bothers me beyond acceptance is when the bard is careless and drops twenty+ mobs on my 6 cause they couldn't be bothered to swarm in an isolated spot but felt compelled to bring their train near me before dying. Glad you can get the xp back with like one more swarm...
I agree. And in those cases you can probably petition for zone disruption, may even be able to talk a GM into a 100% rez if you are nice.
Old 12-13-2023, 07:01 PM
Fire Giant

If a bard shows up at my camp and starts pulling everything I will take 4 mobs every single time and the veteran bards who know what they are doing allow it.
Old 12-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

It’s allowed to pull mobs off a kite if they are taking over the entire zone. This is less common though since the 25 mob limit was added.
Old 12-16-2023, 01:12 PM
Sarnak

Taking the 5th or more target off a Bard is just the gateway drug into doing other shit like walking into a king camp and claiming the king and saying its fair and valid because they can have the other spawns. or using a wall of ogres to keep people out of ToV. or making a new account with just a monk on it saying "sorry accident and paniked" or "sorry didnt know ... 'training' you called it? yeah sorry again but i am already setup here"

Just dont do it, move on, other alt, other game, other server, other zones