Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM
Kobold

Default Remember how people referred to VZTZ as "caster's paradise"?

VZTZ - CC spam was everywhere but nukes fully resisted a lot against 120ish FR during classic on this server. The server was referred to as "Caster's paradise".

New P1999 PvP non-legit resists - the resist abomination setup on here has 100ish resists doing basically nothing and the same amount of CC spam as VZTZ. So casters have been upgraded from the server already known as "caster's paradise".

Way to make playing pure melee completely pointless unless you walk around in a zerg guild? On EQ live during this era, casters were already better at ganking, now they receive damage and crowd control upgrades on top of that?

The reason I say this, is because wizard PvP is pathetic. You can be the worst player on earth like that girl "Stormy" (I guess it was a girl), on VZTZ and still get kills on people just by showing up and spamming ice comet.

Can you kill lots of people by being a horrible player and playing a warrior, rogue, or monk? No, you can't. Better players will out joust you, you'll die, and they'll be at 100% hp.

It seems like people have gone out of their way to make the most primitive, least fun, and least skilled forms of PvP the most viable option on this server. If Lovely played a melee instead of a wizard, he would probably have only 1 kill against an AFK player instead of dozens of free, welfare, ice comet kills.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:16 AM
Planar Protector

thats boxlife pal us paladins never get the kills but we sure as hell never die naw mean
Old 11-14-2011, 12:17 AM
Fire Giant

Gloinz is a paladin...?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Fire Giant

VZTZ - casters paradise*!!!!!!!!

*except that casters were decimated by the greatly more overpowered melee and melee hit code, predetermining almost any battle to be won by the side with an excess of melee, even in classic, across all versions of the box.
Last edited by lethdar; 11-14-2011 at 12:24 AM..
Old 11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
Banned

pro players still come out on top regardless of curve, if shitty wiz like lovely gets 10 kills a pro will get 100
Old 11-14-2011, 12:25 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethdar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
VZTZ - casters paradise*!!!!!!!!

*except that casters were decimated by the greatly more overpowered melee and melee hit code, predetermining almost any battle to be won by the side with an excess of melee, even in class, across all versions of the box.
All you're doing is describing large, guild vs guild fights in tiny indoor areas like the entrance to permafrost for contesting Vox. Of course melee are better at fighting in small inside areas while defending a fixed position. Contesting Fear is the exact opposite. Casters are still better at getting easy, free kills all other times.

Melee damage is also going to be even less than VZTZ. Strength didn't do anything on VZTZ and everyone did the equivalent of having permanent 200 strength (I did the math for it when I played there). Then in Kunark, they did higher than normal damage there. So it will be less damage during both eras.

Bottom line is, casters are being upgraded from their "caster's paradise" status on VZTZ, and melee are actually going to be worse.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:54 AM
Fire Giant

Sounds like you are getting your excuses lined up
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wehrmacht is setting himself up for when he sucks on this box he can just blame Null's resist system and not take any blame for being terrible.

"YOU PKED ME BECAUSE NULL SABOTAGED THE BOX!!!11"

lol wut
Old 11-14-2011, 01:02 AM
Banned

I don't understand the logic that people can just show up and ice comet, it should be doing damage... and just showing up and casting lures in kunark etc etc just showing up and e-bolting.

Melee arn't that hard to play and having an easier chance to snare/root people effects all classes.

I agree that root/snare should be like 95% but you just go off on these retard rants about melee vs casters and shit it's pretty funny.
Closed Thread