Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should the same line of dots stack with each other?
Yes 44 47.31%
No 42 45.16%
Not Sure 7 7.53%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

Default The Dot Stack Thread *TM

Hello folks,

I just wanted to voice my concern for what I think is a crucial part of playing one of the DOT classes effectively.

Currently the server is setup so that same dot lines cannot stack. For instance:

Plague does not stack with scourge
Drifting death does not stack with stinging swarm
Ignite blood does not stack with boil blood

Traditionally these spells all stacked. It made PVP more interesting because you could throw junk dots on first and bury the stronger dots deeper. You could also duo with the same class and both use the same lines effectively.

Discuss.

*edit*

Stinging swarm lines confirmed does not stack. http://web.archive.org/web/200008221...ds.com/dot.htm

Shaman disease lines confirmed stacks http://www.notacult.com/guide_trollshaman.html

Necro boil series confirmed Does not stack
Last edited by valithteezee; 11-15-2011 at 05:47 PM.. Reason: changeee
Old 11-15-2011, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

well hell naw if ya'll aint letting ol noble paladins cure plague from wounded confederates then double stacking on the wounded vets seems like overkill naw mean
Old 11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Planar Protector

not classic?
Old 11-15-2011, 10:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by valithteezee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Plague does not stack with scourge
Drifting death does not stack with stinging swarm
Ignite blood does not stack with boil blood
NOT CLASSIC

Wawaka - P99 RED

<Danish Mafia>
Old 11-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Banned

Badly worded question. You lump in shamans with other classes.

I'm gonna have to say let's keep it classic. I am 100% sure all Shaman dots stacked, as I played a shaman in classic (but if you don't believe me, click below for proof.) They were unique in that respect IIRC. I don't remember the "blood line" stacking. Maybe it did. I just remember shamans didn't have "lines" of DoTs like other classes where the stronger one overwrote the weaker one; they had two "types:" poison and disease.

Whatever it was in classic, let's do it that way. All DoT a shaman had stacked with every other DoT that shaman could cast.

FOR SHAMANS, IT IS CLASSIC. CLICK FOR PROOF.
http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=54537
Last edited by Castle; 11-15-2011 at 10:59 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 10:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC
This change is bad. Makes DoT centric classes crap in PvP. Druids, Shaman, Necros all focused on stacking dots. This effectively negates most of their PvP prowess.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NOT CLASSIC
I thought Dots stacked in classic, or did that come with Kunark?
Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Banned

In regards to Shaman DoTs I took a ride in the Way Back Machine on Casters Realm..

http://web.archive.org/web/200203050...ll.asp?Id=1175
Quote:
MY OPINION, By Ugol (1/28/2001)

I would remove the bit about this spell being good for use in groups. It is in my experience of limited value in groups, because MOBs rarely last long enough for this to do full damage. Better to use the mem space for something else. I use the L39 poison and L49 poison together and they often lasts for full damage in a group, so they are fast enough.
Having said that, I would say that disease DOTs are great for soloing.

And now for my rant (feel free to ignore). I have grouped with shamans that disease MOBs when in a full group and the MOB dies two seconds later from nukes and melee attacks.Sheesh.
http://web.archive.org/web/200107240...ll.asp?Id=1141
Quote:
THIS SPELL IS NOT USELESS AS OTHERS MAY TRY TO TELL YOU, By Warwulfe (1/28/2001)

In group fighting, it is most assuredly useless. Solo, it is invaluable. You need every edge you can get, especially when solo'ing Hill Giants and high hit-point count mobs. If nothing else, simply pull with the spell. Assuming it takes 30 seconds to get back, it is going to take another minute or two for you and your pet to finish it. 500+ damage, even in 2 minutes, is nothing to shake a stick at. Consider that Drifting Death, a 34 druid spell, does about 350 damage in a minute. This gets you 250-280 damage a minute for two minutes, and one cast. I'll stack it with a poison spell or three any day of the week. FYI - Scourge used to do nearly, if not more than 1000 damage over the course of 7 minutes. Now THAT is useless, especially to a Shaman, a class that does not need to kite to kill mobs effectively.
http://web.archive.org/web/200201131...Id=1141&Page=2
Quote:
WHY EB TILL 49???, By Nuuk warchyld (the sacred) rodcet nife (1/28/2001)

Mobs that are level 35 or so like, Dorfs, Ein, Guards etc.. have roughly 1700 hit points. Therefore after level 39 (Venom of Snake) an efficient mana way of killing these mobs is as follows: Lure with Scourge (550dmg), VoS(460dmg), EB(220dmg), ROOT, VoS(460dmg) after 42 seconds. Root to keep mob still to get full dmg from dots in. With out EB you would come up short about 150 dmg therefore having to waste mana on a blast that could get resisted or VoS which takes more mana than EB. With this series of spells you can get right till level 48 killing those mobs with minimal mana loss and downtime. and dont forget to med while waiting for mobs to die. I have used this method on dorfs and lose only 1 bubble of mana per mob i kill. I keep just ahead of 5 dorfs at a time. thats roughly a dorf ever 4 mins with almost no down time since i med between dots not fights. Try it it works great!
Old 11-15-2011, 11:05 AM
Sarnak

For druids, http://web.archive.org/web/200008221...ds.com/dot.htm

"Note that 2 druids casting a stinging series DOES NOT STACK. The way for 2 druids to stack is for one to cast Immolate and the other to cast a stinging series".
Last edited by valithteezee; 11-15-2011 at 11:16 AM..
Old 11-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

Druids, Shaman and Necro's are overpowered enough without dot stackings, no ty.
Quote:
exploit - is the code word for they outleveled me and are now outfarming me
Closed Thread