Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I don't think there are any DB Values out of whack (or even exist) for defensive. If someone could post the "stock" Values I'll double check ours and advise. But as it stands, we're using stock emu code for combat; both ways offensive and defensive. So, everyone is taking an ass whipping, Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think there are any DB Values out of whack (or even exist) for defensive. If someone could post the "stock" Values I'll double check ours and advise. But as it stands, we're using stock emu code for combat; both ways offensive and defensive. So, everyone is taking an ass whipping, Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.
See, that's the problem. Something IS out of whack.

Saying "everyone is taking an ass whipping" doesn't really do much for us melees - who are the one's it actually makes a difference for.

I'm surprised there is even a warrior on the server right now - caster pets can do more damage and tank/taunt better. Melee classes are nothing more than a liability to groups on this server. It's a shame really.

EDIT:

Just to add something; now I may be wrong, but you guys were pretty sure your hit rate was on par with EQEMU as well, but upon parsing, obviously realized it wasn't and a change was made. Which is good.

The real issue here is, nobody seems to care about melee classes on this server. There have been SO MANY threads, petitions, bug reports and requests on this issue (and endurance), and we, the community, have heard nothing from you guys. Aeolwind, I have to give you credit for being there for player hit rates on the forums earlier, and even for at least responding now. But, other than this - it's been absolutely silent, which is the worst possible thing you guys could do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most servers probably feel it less than we do however due to the nature of them: Short time at low levels, extreme gear, etc.
This line of thinking would work IF this server was the same as other EQEMU servers. As it stands though, this server IS NOT the same. We DO have low levels, classic gear and it takes us more than 1 day to level from 1 - 50. Honestly, BECAUSE this server is not the same as other EQEMU servers should be the EXACT reason you guys don't just flock to the stock emu code for everything. At least listen to your playerbase on these issues and respond to them, whether for good or bad.
Last edited by Villert; 10-28-2009 at 04:26 PM..
Old 10-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Orc

What are the server settings for NPCBonusHitChance? If this number is the default I've seen of 26 percent, and my math is correct, it basically guarantees a NPC hit chance of around 95 percent on mobs near your level.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Sarnak

I dont know what exactly the problem is, but I sure as heck do know that there is a problem being a tank.

I am a lvl 15 shadow knight geared at or slightly above what is intended for my level, tonight i log in and get an invite to a group, fighting dark blue orcs in oasis, and once I got there I got absolutely brutalized to where the healer had to med every few mobs.

this cant be right that I am geared at or above my level , fighting single dark blue con mobs and have to take up so much healing that its required to med every 2 or 3 mobs.

its to the point where I feel bad joining a group and almost want to tell them , dude you dont want me, get a monk, they will tank just as good ( or bad ) and do more DPS, its pretty awful when as a tank you feel bad for taking a group.

there has to be something that can be done to help alleviate the absolutely savage beat downs that melee are getting ATM.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2009, 06:17 PM
Kobold

So people keep saying that there's going to be some kind of wipe when Sol Ro quests are put in. Is this true?
Old 10-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Fire Giant

A bunch of things that drop now (Rubicite, Jboots, Manastone) will quit dropping when Temple of Sol Ro opens.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Kobold

That's not what I meant. Will we keep the items for Sol Ro quests (the no drop ones. A bull elephant tooth, for example) in our inventory after the patch or will they be wiped?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I too was wondering about this, as I have gathered up 8 of the 10 coins of tash for Tashania when Sol Ro goes live. I picked them up as I was adventuring normally, but would be a bit bummed if they went poof. I stand by any decision made though.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 PM
Fire Giant

I have enough lambent stones to twink a bard army.

BTW.. In classic/SolRo era, the Lambent Stones were *lore*. You could only have one at a time. They removed the lore tag during LDoN when the stones were used en masse for other quests/crafts etc.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's not what I meant. Will we keep the items for Sol Ro quests (the no drop ones. A bull elephant tooth, for example) in our inventory after the patch or will they be wiped?
As far as I have heard from GM comments in other threads.

No, those items will not be wiped, you may collect early.

This could potentially change of course.
Closed Thread