Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 08:51 AM
Fire Giant

I'm incredibly thankful the people in this thread have no ability to change the raid climate
Old 11-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vianna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
False. GM's can check pretty easily as to who owns characters. There has already been the type of rotation on this server before that I mentioned. It was called Class R. It took very little GM involvement except for them to have a page as to which class could currently kill the mob.
But people still double dipped between classes with alts in different guilds. They even swapped around for FFA's depending on fte. That was with (former) staff approval. I'm sure it wasn't a large scale problem but it did happen.
Old 11-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Kobold

Class C, Class R, and FFA system wasn't a great system for Kunark due to content drought, but it might be worth a revisit for Velious.

It would be a big undertaking. A lot more content to rotate at varying difficulty levels. Smaller guilds taking spots on the Class R rotation and then helping each other with their kills would have to be addressed.

I doubt it would ever be done again, but it was probably the best attempt at allowing the most people to enjoy raid content.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 11-27-2018, 10:16 AM
Banned

If it’s Wild West id def come back to end all raiding during normal hours in ToV
Old 11-27-2018, 10:17 AM
Aviak

A rotation would kill the server.... Competition is why most high end raid guilds exists. Here in AM..(Before Tempest was immune to being suspended) it became very boring. After 30 days was up, we got excited to finally have something to fight for.

Like always... IMO
Old 11-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Rotation wouldnt kill the server it would only slightly inconvenience the 100-200 unemployed/losers who have very high RA (kill dragons at 4 am instead of sleeping/working) in top guilds... Every other person would benefit though.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksfather [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A rotation would kill the server.... Competition is why most high end raid guilds exists. Here in AM..(Before Tempest was immune to being suspended) it became very boring. After 30 days was up, we got excited to finally have something to fight for.

Like always... IMO
The Class system did allow competition on every 2 out of 3 raid mob spawns.
Addiction (Officer) EQ Mayong - 2009-2010
Wudan (Member) EQ Rallos Zek - 2003-2004
Elven Crusaders (Officer) EQ Rallos Zek - 2000-2003
Old 11-27-2018, 10:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilkorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But people still double dipped between classes with alts in different guilds. They even swapped around for FFA's depending on fte. That was with (former) staff approval. I'm sure it wasn't a large scale problem but it did happen.
To be honest I prefer character by character association with guilds, rather than players belonging to guilds.
Old 11-27-2018, 10:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Raid scene needs BDA reinstated with full access to ToV so they can catch up and be competitive

Cmon Chest, return to your homeland!
rofl, +1
Old 11-27-2018, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest I prefer character by character association with guilds, rather than players belonging to guilds.
All your accounts are belong to us
Closed Thread