Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 12:08 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xruptor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm confused here are you saying that damage of Mage Pets and Necro pets is less now since the release of Green/Teal or that they were stronger BEFORE Green/Teal?

I recall the Necro pets and Mage pets hitting like trucks and being very tanky when I first started playing Green. However, that could JUST be perception and that they have been the same since then. I cannot recall fully but they may be a scaling versus level situation. For all I know they weren't nerfed and have been the same since launch.
I'm saying that at 1999 launch, mage/necro pets hit harder and had more HP.

At green/teal launch, this didn't happen.
Old 12-08-2019, 12:30 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He is referring to summoned pets being a lot stronger on live eq early in vanilla than they are here.
AH! Thanks for clarifying. Huh, the pets were that strong back in the day in live EQ? I played a Magician back in the day and don't recall them being any stronger than they are now. Then again my memory is TERRIBLE. Seem pretty close to me. Though I wouldn't complain if they made them stronger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle65 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm saying that at 1999 launch, mage/necro pets hit harder and had more HP.

At green/teal launch, this didn't happen.
Thanks for clarifying as well. It would be super cool to see videos and or documentation on this. I'm okay with the pets being beefed up some if it's not classic.
Last edited by Xruptor; 12-08-2019 at 12:34 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 02:13 PM
Sarnak

the max damage hit of 49 pets were 88 if you wonder.
remember thos fs dagger blenders [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Yea I remember. I think at 34 it was 52.

Going through all my old HDDs of screenshots and shit. I'm sure I must have one.

Nuke DD's on fire and water pets also hit harder.
Old 12-08-2019, 03:52 PM
Fire Giant

a post from another forum talking about the same subject:

http://www.eqclassic.org/forums/view...hp?f=16&t=2765

might find clues about where to find the info you are looking for
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 12-08-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

If you could get info on what the Mage pets' spells were like before they changed in Fall of 1999, especially the Earth pet's before it became root, that would actually be super helpful.
Last edited by Dolalin; 12-08-2019 at 04:17 PM..
Old 12-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And btw necro pets also just a shadow of what they were. Sorry i don’t have the time to find documentation those who played back then just know and remember the crazy necro pets destroying with dual fs daggers.
charmed mobs or any pet/mob wielding them, yes

careful for npcs with FS daggers if you get this..
Old 12-08-2019, 04:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
charmed mobs or any pet/mob wielding them, yes

careful for npcs with FS daggers if you get this..
true i remember frogs with daggers were a real menace
Old 12-09-2019, 04:09 AM
Banned

Talking

With those original pet damage numbers and 2 charm anything spells, necros were OP as hell. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

...And people think wizards are sooo out-classed on P99 servers LOL....they're much more competitive here than they were in 1999 EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Asteria; 12-09-2019 at 04:09 AM.. Reason: "pet" added for clarity
Old 12-09-2019, 08:18 PM
Aviak

Re-rolling a rogue.

Live on in spirit, mage brothers.

May your level 34 fire pets reign terror on anything up to and including Mistmoore CE.

Farewell <3
Closed Thread