Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 08:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Hate is very doable. Plane of Fear on the other hand ... *ahem*
Old 10-27-2009, 08:04 AM
Kobold

Fear won't be done until people are wearing the Sol quest gear.

Ex-Tholuxe Paells player - "Vexikuri & Nytewind" Shout out to Bascome, Naur, Equable, Nizzi, Maynarrd, Daesean, Waggs, Cidz, & others... RIP Vino...
Old 10-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilyenaMage [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There wont be any point to the temple quests by then...all the high level people will be in planar gear
Aside from the fact that some Sol Ro gear has better stats for a given class than some Planar Gear.

Some of the planar gear has retarded stats. gogo Cleric charisma!
Old 10-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Fire Giant

I really hope that this stays non-kunark long enough so that some of us who aren't racing to level 50 will get a chance at raiding at least naggy/vox. Though I'm sure all the people who have done naggy/vox/hate/fear will start whining and complaining that they want new content.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nytewind TP [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fear won't be done until people are wearing the Sol quest gear.
Do *not* underestimate the talent of this player base.

A more accurate statement would be "Fear won't be touched until every last drop of goodness has been squeezed out of Plane of Hate".

Clerics and Warriors and Enchanters and Shamans and Mages and Rogues have their armor drop in Hate.

And we're pretty low on rangers and monks and bards and paladins and whatever anyways... We're not gonna need Fear for a while, especially when 80% of the raid-level PCs have their planar drops in Hate.

Believe me, it's not so much that there is a late reaction to PC melee not being 100% perfect via dmg dealt, avoidance and mitigation that is causing a huge wave of people to abandon mains for alts... The server was skewed toward solo-capable and/or spellcasting classes to begin with.

It's just that most of us kinda prepared for this from the start. and that's how the server diversity started out skewed anyways to begin with. Snare/Kite, Root/Nuke Fear/Kite, and anything involving pets is always going to be more reliable than Tank and spank. Being able to solo or port or SOW or whatever was a huge part in many people's original decision at character creation this time around.

And lets face it, after the 40% XP penalties on RNG/SK/PAL, your still going to get more bang for your buck out of a 38 warrior than a "same xp gained" 30ish hybrid.

But it all is what it is. Some people will race toward 50, some will enjoy the ride. People are still having fun playing their melee. or casters or hybrids et al... Scampering around in classic has been a ton of fun this time around, and if we're all complaining about certain classes, it doesn't get more 1999 than all of that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bubbles; 10-27-2009 at 03:50 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Fire Giant

I'm playing my melee, but not having fun because hes broken. Do I win anything?

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-27-2009, 04:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm playing my melee, but not having fun because hes broken. Do I win anything?
Im having fun, but its tough. I swear I don't remember not being able to taunt yellow/red cons.. that is really a pain in the ass.. Not to mention it takes about 5-7 taunts to pull a blue.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Fire Giant

Let's also point out that necro pets are pretty inferior to their 1999 live counterparts.. Mage pets aren't dual wielding. Mage research components are so non-exsistant they do happy-dances when they can craft Everfount. Some of these so-called "gods chosen" classes aren't even up to their max-capacity either.

I guess my only real point is: most of this wasn't fixed or balanced back then, either. This really *is* a classic server.

And you melee are going to be even more excited when you find all the random mobs that drop loot you need are going to Fear your deeper into fully spawned dungeons, probably the only thing I've been vocal about from day one.

In other words: I'm waiting for the lot of you to catch up, die miserably, and fill the /petition queue so that content I'm no longer worried about gets fixed. What's important to remember is it took our hard-working devs over a year to get the server to where it is now, with a limited crew of beta-testers sprinkled throughout. It's going to take them more than a couple of weeks to adjust things further now that we have 10x the player base at peak times discovering things that need fixing at a rapid rate. It's our duty to /bug and post feedback, and they'll fix it all up eventually. It takes time, and remember, they are trying to play it to.

It's only gonna get worse before it finally gets better. But it will get better. It really feels like classic, and I'm loving it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Bubbles; 10-27-2009 at 05:09 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do *not* underestimate the talent of this player base.

A more accurate statement would be "Fear won't be touched until every last drop of goodness has been squeezed out of Plane of Hate".

Clerics and Warriors and Enchanters and Shamans and Mages and Rogues have their armor drop in Hate.

And we're pretty low on rangers and monks and bards and paladins and whatever anyways... We're not gonna need Fear for a while, especially when 80% of the raid-level PCs have their planar drops in Hate.
Bard armor is from hate as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
I guess my only real point is: most of this wasn't fixed or balanced back then, either. This really *is* a classic server.
Have you played a melee yet? Balanced is different from broken. Melee take as much damage as casters, it's crazy.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Closed Thread