Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 04:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Very disappointed with the GM event drops

What was the idea behind the loot? The drops were incredibly common and some of them won't even be replaced until Kunark. One item was a drop that two full groups of 50s would struggle with and it dropped off something a level 30 could solo.

GM event drops should be more quirky unique items. The items that dropped are - right now - the best loot on the server, some of them by a pretty significant margin.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:54 PM
Planar Protector

You realize that in the glory days, GMs gave out ARTIFACTS for what were essentially roleplay quests, and to level 20s no less?

Seriously. Tempest in teapot.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Fire Giant

What dropped?!?!?!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

What GM event?
Old 10-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realize that in the glory days, GMs gave out ARTIFACTS for what were essentially roleplay quests, and to level 20s no less?

Seriously. Tempest in teapot.
Thats perfectly acceptable in my opinion. They were given out very rarely, and randomly, so everyone had a chance to participate. I wasnt in blackburrow so I dont know what level the monsters were. However...if they are too high they restrict it to high level people. If the monsters are low level, the high level people still just mow them down even faster. Thats always the difficulty with this kind of stuff. I wonder how many hybrids last night were just getting even more frustrated.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Orc

disappointed. I deleted one of the things i got, just doesn't float my boat to wear or circulate stuff like this.
Old 10-26-2009, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Wow! Thanks guys who were there for providing us SOOOOOO much info for those less fortunate! Your awesome!
Old 10-26-2009, 05:47 PM
Aviak

Details are overwhelming. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Again, I'm not sure what dropped - but it should be reasonably in line with the server. What's the average level on the server?

If CoFs were dropping, then that'd be ridiculous. I doubt the server staff would allow something like that to happen.

So, someone who participated in the event, spill it.

-K
Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

I was not around for the event, nor would I have been kosher with it for these particular items, but I was told it was all the off slot Rubicite from the WC Dark Elf Event(?) (Collar, belt, pauldrons, etc), GEBs, Silversilk Leggings and a few other odd and end drops.

With that said, we do have plans to pass out many of the artifacts. Probably not in their exact original manners as details are sketchy at best in some cases. But yes, you'll see a Shield of Qeynos, Staff of AlKabor, Butcherblock Hammer etc at some point.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

So those drops were not meant to drop? Totally agree they were overpowered and didn't belong in game yet. That and the event was canceled as we were heading in.. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Made for a sad time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread