Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 04:58 PM
Fire Giant

Not a single item that dropped had a proc effect, or was game imbalancing in the least.

There's been thread after thread about how AC is almost meaningless at mid-to-high levels, someone running around with rubicite arms isn't going to effect our happy little world one-iota.

Could it have been better run? Possibly. Could it have been planned ahead of time? Sure. But why get angry at someone for taking time out of their day to inject a little fun into the grind?

Relax. We all survived. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-27-2009, 06:50 PM
Fire Giant

Fun for a select minority that includes loot from some of the highest level content in the game currently after advertising how hard and classic this is supposed to be is not really something most people want to just ignore and let slide.

I don't care about Rubicite, thats a low-mid level dungeon. But there is no way in hell loot from Lguk or Solb should be dropping from a GM event this early into the server.

The fact that somebody came on here and said he deleted some of the loot he got cause it was too powerful this early should be some kind of indication, this was stupid.

Mugatoo <Center For Ants>
45 Iksar Monk

"You can all go to hell, I'm going to Texas."
Old 10-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Fire Giant

The only items that dropped that haven't already been seen on the server were a few pieces of rubicite and the GEBS.

Rubicite would be all over the server i Cazic Thule pathing wasn't fubar.

Gebs was a little ridiculous, but it won't be long before we see one of those now too.

I don't think the items were out of line. I wouldn't have cared if stupid little items dropped either tho. That stuff makes GM events fun and goofy.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Planar Protector

Keep kicking the dead dog people.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

I think having artifacts and "over powered" items when uniquely distributed as some flavor to the server.

Our server is very limited and very unique in its design. Do not try and compare what happens here to what happened in 1999, it just is not the same.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Skeleton

Send a message via MSN to valdi313

Admins, please lets try to discourage people whining.
Just delete this thread please.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

Deleting threads is a bad precedent. Just be firm when you know you're right, and don't cave or argue with retards. That's a better way to discourage whining.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by girth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fun for a select minority that includes loot from some of the highest level content in the game currently after advertising how hard and classic this is supposed to be is not really something most people want to just ignore and let slide.

I don't care about Rubicite, thats a low-mid level dungeon. But there is no way in hell loot from Lguk or Solb should be dropping from a GM event this early into the server.

The fact that somebody came on here and said he deleted some of the loot he got cause it was too powerful this early should be some kind of indication, this was stupid.

You're acting like fear armor was dropping or some shit. It was just a GEBs for christ's sake, theres no reason for some big controversy.

What are you expecting? A press conference where the gm in question apologizes to the server for leaking one set of eboots into the server early?
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM
Aviak

Obviously the items weren't that powerful, theres only a handful of items in classic eq where you actually can notice a power increase. The items aren't what the problem is (especially with ac being broken anyhow). The problem is it brings to doubt how future events will be handled. What might drop in them? Who will these events be aimed at? I don't want to blow things out of proportion, but I am still in the "getting to know you" phase with both this server and emulated servers as a whole. I would gladly pay 20-30 bucks a month for sony to run a classic server such as this, but I would expect the same professionalism. There are minor things that I am still getting used to, such as the fact that GMs argue with people in ooc. However, things like loot distribution from GM events is slightly more concerning. If players such as myself are investing time (and money once I am assured of its stability), then I need to know where the line is going to be drawn on a few issues.

That said, I am satisfied with the response from nilbog. Would love some elaboration however.

One additional note...events like this in Everquest tended to happen after expansions had been out for a long time and people were growing bored. The loot would often be near to or equal to some of the best single groupable loots in the game. I always tended to view this as them wanting to have a "catch up" event to get some of the slow people geared up before the next expansion came out and made it all obsolete anyway. We don't have the luxury of that many expansions.

Not a complaint, but just thought I would point that out. Also thought I would point out that not every (and in fact very few) events even handed out gear, much less top shelf single group gear. Nothing wrong with aiming the next event a little lower. Before AA's, having a lot of alts was how people stopped from becoming bored out of their mind with the game. Or God forbid, an actual new person to the server might show up, have the time of their life, and be hooked.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:06 PM
Planar Protector

IMO the event should have dropped Kedge Robe, and Amulet of Necropotence.
Closed Thread