Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Fire Giant

Default Myconid Spore King

It was a nice ninja nerf you put in on the last patch making him extremely rare but this is not classic. I know everyone is pissed off that fungi is only worth 50k when they paid 100k the month prior but this is no reason to make his spawn crazy rare.

I have done 4 camps here recently and have waited over 20 PHs for king. In some cases 30PHs. I have heard similar reports from others that have done this camp since April 22nd.

It is hard to prove the rarity of a mob but people that posted in Allakhazam weren't spending 14+ hours at the camp with no king.

---------------------------------
http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6360

Fungi Tunic
QuoteReply# Feb 14 2008 at 9:13 AM Rating: Decent Eonos
11 postsI camped his spawn point.
Out of 67 spawns, only 16 were Kings.
The first 15 kings dropped the robe.
The 16th King, 67th spawn, dropped the tunic.

-------------------

Fungi Tunic
QuoteReply# Feb 26 2008 at 5:37 PM Rating: Decent Eonos
11 postsI camped him again. Out of 11 spawns, 3 were kings. The first 2 kings dropped the robe. The 3rd king dropped the fungi tunic.

The spawns were in this order (R=Reaver, K=King)
RKRRKRRRRRK

------------------

Broke
QuoteReply# Jan 12 2006 at 10:38 PM Rating: Decent wildsinu
1 postcamped this mob 16 hours yesterday and 18 today. Netted 2 staffs, 4 cobalt bracers off ph and too many robes but no tunics.
update went back on 3rd day 12 hrs no tunic,4th day 9 hrs no tunic and on about 6hrs so far today and still no tunic. I Will not give up!

Edited, Sun Jan 15 21:50:30 2006

------------------------------------------------------------

On the off chance you think they made king a lot more common when they nerfed the Fungi Tunic to uncommon:

My experience By: Anonymous
Posted @ Sun, Aug 19th 1:33 AM 2001 Score: Decent[3.00]
We did this camp today for about 3 or 4 hours. Our group cinsisted of level 60 enchanter(epic), 60 Shaman(epic), 57 warrior(epic), 60 Rogue(epic), 51 Druid, 56 cleric.

Most of the time I could not get a snare off on a mob until the enchanter tashed, sometimes malo was needed also. These are not very magic resistant, I was just pretty low but got the job done.

When pulling these it was pretty easy from what I saw. Only a few times were there more then 2 pulls. When pulling from the fort I suggest useing a mez pull until the spawn is broken. Once broken you can pull each spawn one at a time with a bow.

While in the battle you need to be carefull about them CHing. We had them CH a few times in battle and its not fun. Usually to avoid this I would Lower fire resist and then nuke when they were low on health. Have the enchanter stun the mob so it wont heal and be carefull about the adds that will heal. We noticed that alot of them were sowes and had haste so there are a few froglok shamans around thhere that will buff them.

In the 3-4 hours we were there 1 Robe of the living Fungus Dropped and 1 Tunic Dropped. The Kings only spawned 2 times. I did drop a few spells including Breath of Karana. I suppose the robe is common and tunic his rare.

Wlosiuol
Druid of the 51 can

--------------------------------

Camp Data
QuoteReply# Jan 03 2006 at 1:52 AM Rating: Decent docalla

194 postsCamped for 17 spawns:

12 PH
5 King (4 robe, 1 tunic)

Tunic'd king was the 10th spawn, 2nd king spawn. Longest streak of PHs was 7 in a row.

Nothing special about the king that I noticed aside from the LoH except that he's very magic resistant. Even after Mala, he resisted slow (Turgurs from a 68 shaman) about 80% of the time. Did not try disease slow as he was pretty easy even unslowed. PH was always Myconid Reaver.

--------------------------

You know King aint that rare and you know he doesn't have 20k HP either. Fix this please and don't nerf it just because people whine.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Planar Protector

I got 3 king spawns in like 9 hours a couple days ago.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

I camped the king twice this week, both times for about 8 hours and both times we got two kings. 3 robes and of course I lost the one roll on the tunic. I'm guessing the king spawns about 1/8 to 1/10 so 20 PH in a row, while really bad luck for sure, is hardly impossible (0.875^20 = 7% so it's going to happen periodically).
Old 05-13-2012, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You honestly think they didn't nerf king? Everyone I have talked to that has been doing it lately says spawn was nerfed big time.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:43 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splorf22 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I camped the king twice this week, both times for about 8 hours and both times we got two kings. 3 robes and of course I lost the one roll on the tunic. I'm guessing the king spawns about 1/8 to 1/10 so 20 PH in a row, while really bad luck for sure, is hardly impossible (0.875^20 = 7% so it's going to happen periodically).
Had over 20PHs on 3 occasions.

Asher
Old 05-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Planar Protector

Maybe they did, but I figure the gods are simply balancing out my awesome luck on all you suckers =)
Old 05-13-2012, 03:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol
Old 05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Had over 20PHs on 3 occasions.

Asher
This happened before the patch also.

No ninja nerfs, just tin foil hats.

Don't believe everything you read on the forums here, King is not as common as some people would like to lead you to believe.

It's even worse when you get Robes.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Versus

Seems more rare than it was after the initial ninja patch, for sure.

Kolored on Red.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Planar Protector

Reality is we don't know. If they changed the spawn rate from 1/6 to 1/10 for example, it would be very difficult to detect without a large sample size.