Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 05:29 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I appreciate your conjectures, however I asked for an explanation from the source. I still would like it.
The mana cost was off by 65 mana. It has now been fixed. When we find someone that is willing to dig through 3000 lines of code and "fix" melee, we'll be happy to implement the change. Are you that person Roku? We can send you a copy of the source toot sweet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-15-2009, 06:02 PM
Developer

I have already looked at the code and see where some changes could be made. That is the easy part. The hard part is figuring out how to make said changes be correct. Without having some old parses, the best way I can think of is to reactivate my live account and start doing some parses at lower levels, doing comparisons with different gear, player stats (i.e. different agi), mobs at different levels, focusing on a few different classic zones. Comparing the effects of avoidance and mitigation. Its only a matter of breaking it down to the right equations.

If all goes smoothly, bet I could have it all figured out and corrected, say by .... Christmas. Ha.

Haynar
Old 11-15-2009, 06:19 PM
Developer

Another idea would be to do parses on the mac server, that is about as close to classic as I could think of really. I think a buddy at work has an old mac laptop. Maybe I will see what I can figure out playing on there if that server is still up.

Haynar
Old 11-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haynar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hard part is figuring out how to make said changes be correct.
Haynar
Ding ding ding! You win the prize! And it also goes a bit deeper as well: it has to be balanced vs passive combat defensive like dodge and parry as well as take into consideration AC and not only how it affects min/max hits but also how it affects straight misses, something other than min or max hit also gets affected by AC.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
Orc

Hmm Is pet dual wield being looked at?
And I'm also assuming Pyzjn isn't going to be modified at all?
Old 11-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeolwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mana cost was off by 65 mana. It has now been fixed. When we find someone that is willing to dig through 3000 lines of code and "fix" melee, we'll be happy to implement the change. Are you that person Roku? We can send you a copy of the source toot sweet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I assumed that the mana was off on the spell, that was not the thesis of my argument. I am calling into question the overall attitude of the devs toward the quality of the server when a quick fix is made that only exasperates another significant problem.

I am not interested in further sarcastic, unprofessional responses. Is there a mod/developer that would be willing to give a more thoughful response? It would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I assumed that the mana was off on the spell, that was not the thesis of my argument. I am calling into question the overall attitude of the devs toward the quality of the server when a quick fix is made that only exasperates another significant problem.

I am not interested in further sarcastic, unprofessional responses. Is there a mod/developer that would be willing to give a more thoughful response? It would be appreciated.
It was the wrong mana cost and has been corrected to the proper mana cost. What more do you want to hear? We are not a custom server. Things aren't going to be changed in one field to compensate for something else. Melee issues are source based, we have limited (ie. one person) who can do source changes. That person is busy with other things and doesn't have time to dedicate to our server development right now and so we are a little bit in limbo right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Orc

Surprise surprise, whirl's still 12 seconds.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Developer

Quote:

The problem is well known. As I stated before, if you are willing to work on the fix, feel free to pull the source code down and go to work. Most of the dev team does not have the time nor skillset to completely teach ourselves C++ from start to finish to be able to modify things of this magnitude.

The thesis of your argument is invalid. You are arguing a point that no one is arguing with you. If you want the melee issues that are present Emu wide to be resolved, please work with those that have the appropriate skill sets to fix them. Complaining in the patch thread is not useful nor conducive to an effective use of dev time spent responding to you.

And lastly, I'm not a professional developer, I do this in my spare time. If you don't want my sarcastic comments, I suggest you work towards finding a fix instead of acting entitled to anything when it comes to anything in the way of an answer. The thesis of your argument is pointless and a waste of time. When we say we are unable to provide a fix at this time, that is the best answer you're going to get. I'm done with this discussion.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprise surprise, whirl's still 12 seconds.
I'm having some spells created for a couple encounters, this will prob make it in sooner rather than later. The duration will most likely be dropped to 4 seconds since the emulator is incapable of delivering a variable duration to a stun without a source code change.
Closed Thread