Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 11-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Magnar Magnar is offline
Aviak


Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 72
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it were me, I'd do it in GFay or Crushbone and have as much noob collateral damage as possible. A level 70 Emperor Crush could be a fun raid boss.
Those zones are pretty much empty. EC is where you'll get the most collateral damage.
  #22  
Old 11-21-2014, 01:45 PM
myriverse myriverse is offline
Planar Protector

myriverse's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Swamp of N.O. Hope
Posts: 2,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

Didn't stop me from doing more boss fights in EC, either.
Getting killed in GM events were probably some of the most awesome things that ever happened to me whilst playing Classic EverQuest.
__________________
Gnawlunzs Phrogphry
Master Angler, Baker, Cadger, Drunk
"If you can't eat a frog, then eat two."
  #23  
Old 11-21-2014, 02:19 PM
Derubael Derubael is offline
Retired GM


Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Cabilis East, in the northwest corner of the zone-in from Field of Bone
Posts: 5,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feanan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sounds like a douch move.
Sounds like some level 5 bards had to run across one zone to get to their bodies because they weren't paying attention to the flood of warnings, spell-texts, and raid shouts going off around the nearly 100-man strong Raid Force swinging at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feabab
you're so cool
Thanks, I think that donating ~40+ hours each week to the project in order to ensure RMTers and exploiters/cheaters get banned, poofed items get reimbursed, and a large number of miscellaneous petitions from ban appeals to corpse recoveries all get taken care on a weekly basis - and then taking additional time to run boss events on the side is pretty cool too!


Quote:
Originally Posted by captnamazing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Derubael, if I were to write a script for a series of "world events" ranging from low to high level things, all working towards a common "campaign climax," would the GMs consider helping out by spawning the fun/necessary mobs? I'd be happy to put in some serious time to write out some stuff for people of all levels to enjoy.

inb4 not classic
I guess it really depends. The implementation of the quest would be, ultimately, up to Nilbog. Because of the high quality expected and required in a scenario like this, it would be wise to attempt to consult him about some plot basics to see if they are acceptable.Drawing up a proper outline and showing it to him would take a huge step towards making sure you don't get a veto.
  #24  
Old 11-21-2014, 02:28 PM
Fame Fame is offline
Planar Protector

Fame's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,651
Default

c-c-c-combo
  #25  
Old 11-21-2014, 02:38 PM
Mac Drettj Mac Drettj is offline
Banned


Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 2,012
Default

tired of rotation? join red
  #26  
Old 11-21-2014, 02:40 PM
Nirgon Nirgon is offline
Planar Protector

Nirgon's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Erudin Palace
Posts: 13,838
Default

Don't sweat it Derubael.

Sergeant Slate is a total gimp here with barely any assist radius or resists.

I wouldn't worry about making EC less classic, u kno?

All the people mad about that remind me of the shamans that flipped out when I told them they had to haste groups/the general casual try hard scum on blue.
__________________
Loyal to the Game
Recruiting sons of Erud
  #27  
Old 11-21-2014, 02:41 PM
DetroitVelvetSmooth DetroitVelvetSmooth is offline
Sarnak

DetroitVelvetSmooth's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 490
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it really depends. The implementation of the quest would be, ultimately, up to Nilbog. Because of the high quality expected and required in a scenario like this, it would be wise to attempt to consult him about some plot basics to see if they are acceptable.Drawing up a proper outline and showing it to him would take a huge step towards making sure you don't get a veto.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
__________________
I apologize for the prior sig gif. Here are some kittens.
  #28  
Old 11-21-2014, 04:42 PM
captnamazing captnamazing is offline
Banned


Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Rivervale
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess it really depends. The implementation of the quest would be, ultimately, up to Nilbog. Because of the high quality expected and required in a scenario like this, it would be wise to attempt to consult him about some plot basics to see if they are acceptable.Drawing up a proper outline and showing it to him would take a huge step towards making sure you don't get a veto.
Pras for this timely, concise, and helpful response.

I will start getting to work (after I finish working) so that I can bring a solid outline of materials to the right people. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Down with Class R & C!! LONG LIVE CLASS RP
  #29  
Old 11-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Lolenlionheart Lolenlionheart is offline
Scrawny Gnoll


Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Norrath
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derubael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Did a boss-type fight once in EC. Warned everyone that this NPC did AoE attacks that reached very far. Warned everyone it was incredibly dangerous and that people should stay far away if not ready. It was on the dune outside of the EC tunnel. The ~100 strong raid force pulled it right into the tunnel and the first AE wiped out about 50 tunnel traders. There were a lot of hate tells and 'dumb gms' shouted that day.

You'd think you would move when you see 80+ lvl 60's crowded around one mob that's DT'ing left and right, and giving long winded spell prep messages (Soandso gathers energy, preparing to cast a powerful spell), but nope. My fault =P

Didn't stop me from doing more boss fights in EC, either.
What did they drop? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
  #30  
Old 11-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Kekephee Kekephee is offline
Fire Giant

Kekephee's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 719
Default

I guess now's as good a time as any to say:

IN DEVELOPMENTAL PROCESS: "Filbus in the Underworld," the long-awaited grand finale to the Filbus Furyfoot roleplay thread saga started here on the Project 1999 server board. Watch in awe as all of the seemingly pointless, directionless weird shit we've written conglomerates and conjoins into a breath-taking and extremely sense-making final chapter! Will Filbus escape from the nether-world, the land of Norrath's dead? Will Kekephee's ghost find vengeance for his murder at the hands of his best friend? And just what... exactly... is Nibblewitz's latest terrifying Gnomish tinkering creation?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]


And what will it have to do with Grumphilda??? All this, and so much more, coming very soon!



Plus a very special announcement about our man Filbus himself! Don't miss it!
__________________
Kekephee Souphanousinphone
Erudite Bard <BDA>
Blue Server


Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 11-21-2014 at 08:40 PM..
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 AM.


Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Project 1999 is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.