Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 05:09 AM
Orc

Post So what are the class meta population look like currently?

For both Teal and Green? From order of most seen all the way down to least? Share your lfg experiences
Old 11-09-2019, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

need more tanks and melee dps. everything else is bloated.
Old 11-09-2019, 05:56 AM
Aviak

Personal experience from the last few days in Unrest and Upper Guk, there are too many druids, enchanters (me) and shamans, and not enough monks, bards, SKs and pallies. More warriors would be nice, but you can usually find one during regular hours. About the right number of clerics and necros, a few too many at certain times. Rogues and wizards aren't uncommon. Mages started to fall off hard around 20, they used to be the most common class and now they're hard to find. I don't know if anyone is actually playing a ranger.
Old 11-09-2019, 06:09 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
need more tanks and melee dps. everything else is bloated.
As a tank, who struggles to find a group often.... stop playing powerlevel pet class only groups and you might see less people giving up on / shelving their melees <3

I'm even wondering if clerics are getting groups okay?
Old 11-09-2019, 07:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I'm even wondering if clerics are getting groups okay?
no, they arn't lol. why have a healer when just resummon pet
Old 11-09-2019, 08:32 AM
Kobold

I'm a 12 rogue and finding a group is usually easy. But, today is was brutal. Not a group to be had. I'm sure it's different at the higher levels, but I just don't see how anyone with a job can be level 20+ right now.

Overall, I've found that we have a good mix of classes in the 10-15 range. No idea what it'll be like post 20.
Old 11-09-2019, 08:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHusk2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm a 12 rogue and finding a group is usually easy. But, today is was brutal. Not a group to be had. I'm sure it's different at the higher levels, but I just don't see how anyone with a job can be level 20+ right now.

Overall, I've found that we have a good mix of classes in the 10-15 range. No idea what it'll be like post 20.
I played a rogue on blue during kunark era. Groups totally loved rogues back then - no exp penalty, massive dps, many of them were epicced and stuff already - but it was still a regular thing that you'd sit around with lfg on and asking in ooc for an hour or more without finding a group. It literally was the reason I made my first enchanter on p99.

I'm not knocking rogues. THey're amazing. But being totally reliant on groups? It sucks. It's why so many people play classes that aren't totally reliant on groups!
Old 11-09-2019, 10:47 AM
Sarnak

4 Shaman 2 Enchanter is the new meta.
Team Cinder Goblin
Old 11-09-2019, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Most groups will happily take a Rogue over a Magician or Wizard for DPS slot. You can get to the camp easy, you can help with CRs if there's a wipe, if you get agro the tank doesn't have to run around the room trying to get it back, you don't run out of mana and you don't have a pet to cause a massive train.
Old 11-09-2019, 12:00 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Most groups will happily take a Rogue over a Magician or Wizard for DPS slot. You can get to the camp easy, you can help with CRs if there's a wipe, if you get agro the tank doesn't have to run around the room trying to get it back, you don't run out of mana and you don't have a pet to cause a massive train.
Rogues that can turn off auto attack when they get aggro are amazing.
There are no amazing rogues. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]