Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 05:29 PM
Planar Protector

Does guard stop attacking pet when you charm it?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 06-12-2021, 11:36 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfish99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hello I just reinstalled p99. I have a 24 druid on green, not geared and I'm new to the game. Where is a good place to grind, and what is a good tactic to use?
From lvl 20 to 27 (28?) I like to go to Gargoyles/Spectres island (near sisters island) in OOT. XP is decent and platina is great. On average 3 out of 5 gargoyles drops eye that stacks and sells for almost 10 platina. Yes, you have to take a boat, but only first time. Bind yourself on nearby sisters island (where boat stops) at the vendor. Since it is good platina camp, someone may already be there. You want to be the only one. As Druid, go port somewhere else and gate back in later. I think I got around 2k platina while leveling from 20 to 27-28 on that island.

Oh, skeletons are placeholders for gargoyles. You need to kill skeletons in order to spawn gargoyles. Also gargoyles are social. If you pull two or three and you think you are in trouble, gate to the vendor on next island.
Last edited by pivo; 06-12-2021 at 11:45 AM..
Old 06-12-2021, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

meh. gargs tend to be camped a lot on green but maybe now with kunark there will be less competition. it's also not a safe place to AFK with hide due to morons often pulling spectres around. you also need to keep levitation up 24-7 due the aforementioned morons. And if camped there is nothing else to do in OOT at that level range. low sisters too low, high sisters too high.

Alos don't care for the "use a guard/npc" to get a mob to low life and charm/nuke trick unless its a higher level enemy and the guard/npc is relatively close to the spawning location and the guard doesn't have a tendency to quickly obliterate the mob. that' a lot of "ands".
Closed Thread