Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 04:04 PM
Planar Protector

Probably anecdotal evidence but I never could seem to get a mob to mem blur with lv4 mez until I started using lull beforehand. I was probably standing to close and or the other mob(s) were within range and still had threat.
Old 08-26-2021, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been using Calm as my go-to Lull for it's cheaper mana cost. Are you using Paci simply because mana is not an issue at 60 so it makes the 7 min duration more worthwhile, or is the aggro radius of 1 on Pacify notably better than the 5 from Calm?

I was charm killing the other day and had a charm break. My pet was low, so I CC'd the adds and began casting lvl 4 mez on my broken pet. At this time, I was standing adjacent to my pet. I must've casted mez over 6 times, waited for the server tick each time - his hp never regenerated. I even loaded mem blur for a couple of casts (was level 48 at the time, no BoF) - nothing. I then backed away, casted mez once, and boom, it blurred successfully.

Has anyone else encountered this? Was it just incredibly bad luck that the mob would not blur while I was adjacent, or is that an actual mechanic?
mez's blur component gets little bit weaker as the level of enemies increase.. so if you are talkng about faily high level mobs, getting 6 failed blurs in a row won't be common but it won't be rare either. i think i was averaging around 3.5 mez attempts on level 45ish eneimies when i was collecting some data before.

There is also the possibility that you're charming a high enough level mob reletive to you that his aggro range was still large enough to see you. The aggro range is based on level difference minus the lulls reduction. If ballsy enough, you will eventually even come across scenarios where even pacify will still let them aggro you if you are standing next to them. Happened several times when i was trying to solo level 47-50 stuff at level 50.
Old 08-27-2021, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably anecdotal evidence but I never could seem to get a mob to mem blur with lv4 mez until I started using lull beforehand. I was probably standing to close and or the other mob(s) were within range and still had threat.
I’ve heard reports mez mem blur chance is influenced by your cha?

I have around 231ish cha buffed at level 43, and my mez mem blurs it feels like 50% of the time. Pre-emptively mez+built-in-blur’ing roamers and and then moving my rooted kill target via cancel magic has saved my ass from sooooo much stress when charm soloing in outdoor areas with lots of wandering social mobs
Old 08-27-2021, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea I always just thought it was an aggro range thing too. I’ve never seen an instance where I’ve blurred an uncalmed mob standing right next to them. But I guess I haven’t tried it extensively, just used to calming immediately in those situations.
You can absolutely blur a mob (with mez) while standing in its aggro radius

How do I know this? Because my method of finishing off caster/healers who had a significant chunk of health left used to be to use mez. Let’s say I had a caster pet at 50% health I needed to finish off. It is going to take multiple max-rank nukes

So what I USED to do was break charm with invis, color stun as they are mid cast, GCD reset, nuke, GCD reset, mez. The mez would always land before they could cast again. Then I would sit for 2 ticks of mana and nuke again, then repeat -> color stun, GCD reset, nuke again if needed

But I stopped doing it and started loading up a second stun interrupt instead. Why? Because I noticed sometimes my mez’s were blurring the mob even in aggro range. It’s health would start chunking up, and now instead of 2 nukes to finish it I’d need 3. Now I know you can try to time the completion of the nuke as an interrupt, but I hated the rare times I mis-timed that and watched them heal right in my face

So I stopped using mez as an interrupt specifically because of unintended blurs. Which was a shame, because if saved me a second color stun on my bar (or having to sit and mem one quickly), and worked well as a cheap interrupt. It still can, if you intend to break it immediately, I guess
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-27-2021 at 02:45 PM..
Old 08-27-2021, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The method is, when your pet breaks mid fight, you stun, tash, stun, charm, mez other mob for a mem blur chance. This virtually guarantee's if your stun isn't resisted that your going to get both a retash and and a recharm without having to break in the fight. By the time you recharm, you stun 1 should be castable again too. You take very little damage. I also bind (and encourage just about everyone to also) my GCD item to "G" so it is very spammable.
Tash lasts a really long time. The only time I need to re-tash on a charm break is if I have the same charmed pet for hours in a group, in which case I do every 15ish mins whenever tash fades. I can’t imagine needing to re-tash when charm soloing unless you really love that pet and want to keep trying to heal it by blurring it over and over

I usually never bother trying to keep/heal the same pet like this, but I can imagine some occasions where a mob is just much higher level than what’s around or underconned or something where you’d want to use it for hours soloing

I personally don’t even bother reverse charming half the time these days in my 40’s. It’s by far the best exp, but if you don’t care about exp all that much and don’t mind losing 50% for a few kills, then I usually will just charm the highest level blue around. Then with slow that blue can usually kill 2-3 lower level blue/greens in a row quickly before it’s sub-20% hp. Then I break charm to kill it. So I only end up using 1 nuke, whereas had I been reverse-charming and breaking charm each time and finishing each pet, those nukes really add up. When I factor in time to re-med the lost mana I feel like the exp/hour difference shrinks. It’s a big exp loss, only getting full exp every 3rd or 4th kill. But this way I can usually continue to chain kill without having to stop, so it’s better money if you are killing stuff with vendor trash drops. Whereas breaking charm and finishing both mobs, or even doing 50% to the charmed pet then charming a new pet to kill the old pet with for full exp, just eats up too much mana for me when I only have 134 int

The ideal situation for reverse charming is having a clump of mobs rooted and running the pet into those for a super fast sub-20% that you can then finish with a nuke. But this setup is harder to get with the randomness of open world. And without ggr for the fast breaks I find it’s even a bit gnarly to try in dungeons too. I know there’s another method of making a steroid mob, finding the highest level thing around, charming + hasting it. Then breaking charm and running lower level charmed stuff into it and watching it destroy them, then breaking charm and killing each one. Once again tho, the mana to finish a mob with anarchy for me is just too significant to do it that way. I’d rather chain kill with a strong charmed pet losing 50% exp for a few kills but not having to stop…

Of course I could always try to get the pet sub-10% or even sub-5% where I can finish it with something like sanity warp or chaos flux and save mana that way. But I’ve lost too many pets who got stunned as I was trying to pull them back at super low health totals to keep trying that lol
Last edited by unsunghero; 08-27-2021 at 07:10 PM..
Old 09-03-2021, 06:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tash lasts a really long time. The only time I need to re-tash on a charm break is if I have the same charmed pet for hours in a group, in which case I do every 15ish mins whenever tash fades. I can’t imagine needing to re-tash when charm soloing unless you really love that pet and want to keep trying to heal it by blurring it over and over

I usually never bother trying to keep/heal the same pet like this, but I can imagine some occasions where a mob is just much higher level than what’s around or underconned or something where you’d want to use it for hours soloing

I personally don’t even bother reverse charming half the time these days in my 40’s. It’s by far the best exp, but if you don’t care about exp all that much and don’t mind losing 50% for a few kills, then I usually will just charm the highest level blue around. Then with slow that blue can usually kill 2-3 lower level blue/greens in a row quickly before it’s sub-20% hp. Then I break charm to kill it. So I only end up using 1 nuke, whereas had I been reverse-charming and breaking charm each time and finishing each pet, those nukes really add up. When I factor in time to re-med the lost mana I feel like the exp/hour difference shrinks. It’s a big exp loss, only getting full exp every 3rd or 4th kill. But this way I can usually continue to chain kill without having to stop, so it’s better money if you are killing stuff with vendor trash drops. Whereas breaking charm and finishing both mobs, or even doing 50% to the charmed pet then charming a new pet to kill the old pet with for full exp, just eats up too much mana for me when I only have 134 int

The ideal situation for reverse charming is having a clump of mobs rooted and running the pet into those for a super fast sub-20% that you can then finish with a nuke. But this setup is harder to get with the randomness of open world. And without ggr for the fast breaks I find it’s even a bit gnarly to try in dungeons too. I know there’s another method of making a steroid mob, finding the highest level thing around, charming + hasting it. Then breaking charm and running lower level charmed stuff into it and watching it destroy them, then breaking charm and killing each one. Once again tho, the mana to finish a mob with anarchy for me is just too significant to do it that way. I’d rather chain kill with a strong charmed pet losing 50% exp for a few kills but not having to stop…

Of course I could always try to get the pet sub-10% or even sub-5% where I can finish it with something like sanity warp or chaos flux and save mana that way. But I’ve lost too many pets who got stunned as I was trying to pull them back at super low health totals to keep trying that lol
I personally pretty much ALWAYS keep one pet on my enchanter sessions, dumping like 10k worth of the good shit on it. -mr, tola, sick weapons etc. Feels more efficient to absolutely rip through mobs and then blur for heal when solo. Big reason why I always have tash up.

The main reason why i don't change out slot gem 1 on the fly is because with my set up i feel like i'm never really missing anything. The only time I am frantically loading up a spell is if theres a train on me and im chain stunning to load up fascination or gate. Otherwise my pulls are almost always controlled with paci and slow
Old 09-03-2021, 11:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twochain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally pretty much ALWAYS keep one pet on my enchanter sessions, dumping like 10k worth of the good shit on it. -mr, tola, sick weapons etc. Feels more efficient to absolutely rip through mobs and then blur for heal when solo. Big reason why I always have tash up.
damn! What level did you start to adopt that method do you recall? I would never have the confidence to give that much stuff to a charmed pet, lost too many. Maybe with a cleric duo, MAYBE [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by unsunghero; 09-03-2021 at 11:11 PM..
Old 09-07-2021, 02:47 PM
Kobold

Quote:
The method is, when your pet breaks mid fight, you stun, tash, stun, charm, mez other mob for a mem blur chance.too.
Tash never really stays on my bar as there's no reason to worry about it mid-fight. You're essentially relying on two stuns, increasing your aggro in the meantime, rather than just the one to get your pet re-charmed or everything mezzed. Though I'm aware there is no "right" answer when speaking of charming in an abstract way as it really depends upon the specifics of the camp.
Old 09-07-2021, 06:13 PM
Banned

zlandi heart is a must have for solo
Old 09-07-2021, 10:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
zlandi heart is a must have for solo
I will forever be regulated to the ghetto version: sitting my fat ass down in troll illusion and going afk for 20 mins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread