Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 04:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBStrong [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Upon investigating these bearded axe wielders, the wiki states the dock gate guards and Dunn (guard hut nearest docks) are "Resistant to Magic" and that Rundul (guard hut nearer to Kaladim) is "Immune to Magic".

Does this mean that they just have very high magic resists? or does it actually mean that they are truly Immune, as the page states for Rundul... I can't imagine that one is distinctly different from the others, but Rundul's page also gives different stats for AC, HP, and dmg dealt per attack.
I would tend to believe that all 4 are all essentially the same, and since the 3 others are identical, I would think they represent the most accurate info- I'm guessing someone posted info on Rundul's page and it just has not been updated with the most accurate data.

I just wanted to be able to formulate a game plan before attempting to rid the world of some smelly ol dorfs, in the process of finding decent grind spots as I'm about to ding 56.

Thanks in advance for any insight.
I updated a lot of those pages with the correct HP and levels with the idea of going back through logs and seeing if they were, indeed, more magic resistant than normal. I never got around to that last part, but I can say anecdotally that they are no more resistant than any other mob at that level.
Old 10-03-2021, 01:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just hit 57 off Dyrna. Not quick but most chill camp possible, 2 or 3 scars and /pet attack. Thanks for the tip!
Glad that helped!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 10-09-2021, 11:18 PM
Sarnak

Permafrost Bear pits to 60, just before a mob is getting ready to die and its running away, dismiss your pet so you get max exp. You can type dismiss pet and do it while a spell is casting, so just before your big nuke finishes you can dismiss pet .1 seconds before the final blow. It can be tricky getting into the pits, after you kill the IG Diplomat because it sees inv, the next IG can sometimes see inv. They need to not see inv for you to get down there. So everytime a Vox raid goes down these IG get killed and can randomly see inv depending on the respawn. You will probably die learning the ropes for bear pits, but the exp is worth it. My mage did 57-60 in the bear pits, wish I would have went sooner.
Last edited by NPC; 10-09-2021 at 11:28 PM..
Old 10-14-2021, 06:15 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Permafrost Bear pits to 60, just before a mob is getting ready to die and its running away, dismiss your pet so you get max exp. You can type dismiss pet and do it while a spell is casting, so just before your big nuke finishes you can dismiss pet .1 seconds before the final blow. It can be tricky getting into the pits, after you kill the IG Diplomat because it sees inv, the next IG can sometimes see inv. They need to not see inv for you to get down there. So everytime a Vox raid goes down these IG get killed and can randomly see inv depending on the respawn. You will probably die learning the ropes for bear pits, but the exp is worth it. My mage did 57-60 in the bear pits, wish I would have went sooner.
Can the 57 earth pet take down spiders or wolves or do I need to chain pets to kill them? Been down to the pits,not the worst getting down, I was able to avoid agroing the ice giant and the diplomat left me alone
Closed Thread