Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by voydent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
your gear is very good for your level already. that said, here are some tips (but feel free not to follow the advice, it's a game and you do whats fun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

im giving this advice based on what i'd do if i were in your shoe if i had the knowledge of where i am right now (lv60 almost BIS in a raiding guild) , eg if i could start from lv37 again.

the advice is based on the assumption that you will be joining a high end raiding guild and will be aiming to equip yourself with BIS/near BIS items

- dont bother with phenocryst focus (buy sickly glowing orb)
- i wouldnt bother with shawl quest (quest is bloody timeconsuming). when you're level 53+, hunt for wurm lord shawl in skyshrine instead, or do the strength of elements quest. another alternative is the quest from posky (bloodoaked raiment)
- yes, set your sights on getting prenerf COS as soon as possible. cant stress this enough. one of the very few items in the game that will always steadily go up in value and is very very very very useful
- yes, work on the dizok ring quest. ring 1 is decent, and winning the angry goblin roll can either get you ring 2, or you can sell the MQ for a lot of money
- as soon as you are level 46, and if you have around 30kpp, set your aim to quest Maleficent Robe from plane of mischief. this is the 3rd best robe for a necro in the game (after salvarae and robe of azure sky). it has 100 hp
- ayillish talisman (6 neck) can be purchased for 5kpp if you can find a seller (auction in blue discord or in the forums). this is one of the best value for money purchase you can buy for 5kpp. the neck is near BIS
- more expensive, but useful items that you will most likely wear for a very long time: orb of infinite void (18k secondary), hierophants cloak (18k back), hammered golden hoop (75hp 8 sta 5svm earring which i personally use. costs maybe 6-7k for the loot right)
- zlandicar heart (180k?) will also last you a lifetime. i use this 99% of the time even though i have epic. it's too useful to not be worn all the time
this is the kind of the thing i was looking for when i made the thread. ive heard the coldain shawl quest for necros because its only +1 to mana regen.

im at a very expensive point for gear now. ayillish talisman/hammered golden loop loot rights is pretty high on my list. ive been waiting for sickly glowing orb to pop up but for some reason no one ever is selling it. pre nerf CoS, zheart, loot rights is hundreds of thousands of plat just right there
Old 11-12-2021, 01:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenpromise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is the kind of the thing i was looking for when i made the thread. ive heard the coldain shawl quest for necros because its only +1 to mana regen.

im at a very expensive point for gear now. ayillish talisman/hammered golden loop loot rights is pretty high on my list. ive been waiting for sickly glowing orb to pop up but for some reason no one ever is selling it. pre nerf CoS, zheart, loot rights is hundreds of thousands of plat just right there
I've been in a bit of a similar position. On my first P99 char I farmed about 18k pp before I was level 40, spent a decent chunk of it on gear, usually just the budget pieces, and some more rare research-only spells. In order to do it I had to stop exp'in and just farm pp exclusively, which got very boring at times

For me, when I consider the net benefit of pp spent from this point onward, a few stat points on a single piece of gear cannot even remotely compare to the incredible functionality of high level spells. For me, I'm looking at 15k-25k per spell past level 50, depending on the spell

So from here on out until I have all of those spells, that is the priority for money. I'm no P99 expert, my first and only char is just level 45, but I am confident that power benefit of high level spells vastly exceeds the stat point benefit of a few extra stat points on gear. I think the only exception to that would be resist gear, if for some reason it is a requirement to raid and you plan to raid (I do not really plan to raid I don't think)
Old 11-13-2021, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Don't buy any new upgrades for awhile. Your current gear is more than adequate to get you to 60. Continue to level and save every plat until you have enough for a pre-nerf CoS. That is the real game-changer item for you. It's much more important than having minor stat upgrades on a few pieces of gear. Once you have the CoS you can then buy several of these gear upgrades, after which you can start raiding and stacking DKP for some of the other big ticket items like the VP staff or Zlandicar Heart.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

Just save for circlet