Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > NPC Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2021, 04:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Tar Goo in Wakening Lands

I have been quadding tar goos for a while. I quad down a group of 4, and when they die, the little goos don't agro (unless I sit) cause of the vast level difference. I then quad down another group of 4, and then Supernova the little goos from both sets to get my loot.

Today, post patch 55, the little goos immediately aggroed despite me not sitting. Plus, they have way more hp now because a pillar of frost AND a supernova didnt even come close to killing them. If this is intended, i'll work around it (by leaving that camp), but if it's not, im letting you know they are fubar. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2021, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

I've been meaning to find classic evidence, but in a "datapoint of one" my classic memory is that the spawned goos despawn a few minutes after spawning if they haven't been engaged yet. If they get engaged, but then their hate list clears (eg. they kill or run someone away) they despawn a few minutes after that time, unless otherwise aggroed in-between.

Again I know that's crappy evidence and I'm not at all certain on the exact details, but I am 99% certain spawned goos despawned (and did so something like how I described). I certainly don't ever remember coming to a respawned main goo and finding child goos still there hanging out.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-21-2021, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

This quote from Allakhazam (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5608) would seem to contradict my memory:
Quote:
If you kill a big tar goo the ones that spawn from it will gaurd your corpse, I speak from experience. No they dont stay at the spot you spawned them because I moved from that spot. I also died a second time trying to retrieve my first corpse, they gaurded that corpse as well. Like most things in WL they will track you down from across the zone if you are on their hate list, even if you root by kael and run to SS zone with sow, they will find you. CR sucks when you dont have sow, are naked, and two mobs double hitting you for 107 each. I dont know how long the goos will gaurd your corpse or even if they will despawn after time. They stayed on my corpse for atleast an hour I am sure of.
P.S Though its hard for me to believe I could swear they tracked me down even after I zoned out and back in. Maybe someone trained my same goos back on me but I didnt see anyone run past nor did the grp I was with. Messes with you psycholigicaly when stuff like that happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
... but it seems highly suspect. Nothing in EverQuest corpse camped you for hours!

What seems far more likely is either A) the guy was bound nearby, and came back to find the goos hadn't despawned yet (within a reasonable time of a few minutes), but then they exaggerated it to "an hour", or B) there was some kind of legit Verant bug in the despawning code.

As the following comment puts it:

Quote:
LMAO

shoo goos

sorry you had a bad time, but they *prolly* didnt track you after you zoned =)
Meanwhile, I have a strong memory of racing to get back to a goo before its mini-goos despawned (because the mini-goos had all the good drops). I think this probably happened multiple times: I'd beat the main goo, but not have enough hp/mana to take the small goos, and have to gate/die.

On live I was NOT pots-bound, and as a Shaman I tended to bind near where I was soloing. If it actually took an hour to despawn, even if I was bound in Kael or something, there's no way I'd have to rush to try and get back before they despawned.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-21-2021 at 05:17 PM..
Old 11-21-2021, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Side note: are these things dropping heads and beards (eg. https://wiki.project1999.com/Braided..._the_Coldain)? As per https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5416 they should,

Old 11-21-2021, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

you better edit that post out quickly cos they do and I don't want my secrets out :P

(That zam entry isn’t for the WL lesser goos btw. According to magelo the WL goos don’t drop heads/beards. I don’t think they were ever dwarfs unlike those found elsewhere ).
Last edited by Jimjam; 11-21-2021 at 05:47 PM..
Old 11-21-2021, 06:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This quote from Allakhazam (https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=5608) would seem to contradict my memory:

... but it seems highly suspect. Nothing in EverQuest corpse camped you for hours!

What seems far more likely is either A) the guy was bound nearby, and came back to find the goos hadn't despawned yet (within a reasonable time of a few minutes), but then they exaggerated it to "an hour", or B) there was some kind of legit Verant bug in the despawning code.

As the following comment puts it:

Meanwhile, I have a strong memory of racing to get back to a goo before its mini-goos despawned (because the mini-goos had all the good drops). I think this probably happened multiple times: I'd beat the main goo, but not have enough hp/mana to take the small goos, and have to gate/die.

On live I was NOT pots-bound, and as a Shaman I tended to bind near where I was soloing. If it actually took an hour to despawn, even if I was bound in Kael or something, there's no way I'd have to rush to try and get back before they despawned.
Similar to the first floor Tofs named key mob. He will spawn on the corpse. If you pull him away from his spawn and die, he will CC your corpse.
Old 11-22-2021, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you better edit that post out quickly cos they do and I don't want my secrets out :P

(That zam entry isn’t for the WL lesser goos btw. According to magelo the WL goos don’t drop heads/beards. I don’t think they were ever dwarfs unlike those found elsewhere ).
Oh whoops, my mistake on that one.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:57 PM
Banned

no one can understand what you're trying to say if you're going to write like

you're writing a research paper

can't you speak normal?
Old 11-22-2021, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

There was a bug report submitted to get the little goos to aggro

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=391139
Old 11-24-2021, 09:00 AM
Orc

The small goo's aggroing straight away, that's fine, but they should NOT have the same HP as the larger goo. I distinctly remember hunting these on live and being able to drop the small goo's with around 750-800 damage. Now they have literally as much as the main tar goo. That needs to be fixed.
Closed Thread