Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Merge Green with Blue
Yes 224 68.92%
No 101 31.08%
Voters: 325. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2021, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Not solved, because again ... you can beg, cajole, or scream like a petulant child all you want, but that won't make the staff add a new server. And it's not because the staff hates you, it's because there's no one to run this server you want.

But look, if you aren't just trolling people who want to play their Green character next year, step up: start your own server, and if you do a good job maybe Rogean will actually transfer chars to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-28-2021, 09:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not solved, because again ... you can scream like a petulant child all you want, but that won't make the staff add a new server. And it's not because the staff hates you, it's because there's no one to run this server you want.
I’m not screaming. Am I coming across as screaming? Sorry let me turn my caps off. Doesn’t show up on my end

I don’t believe a thing you are saying until I hear it from them. Until then you are not their mouthpiece, just a brown nosing nerd
Old 11-28-2021, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t believe a thing you are saying until I hear it from them.
But you have strong, passionate opinions ... which somehow aren't enough to get you to actually use the forum search feature (or just Google; I find Googling "site: project1999.com some topic" often works better than the actual forum search) to see when this issue has been discussed in the past ad nauseum.

Clearly your opinion is one we should all highly value.

P.S. But if you do have actual passion, use it to find me even a quote hinting at the idea that either Rogean or Nilbog have ever considered adding a new server. If they ever did, I would genuinely love to read it.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2021 at 09:28 PM..
Old 11-28-2021, 09:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But you have strong, passionate opinions, and you're too lazy to actually use the forum search feature (or just Google; I find Googling "site[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]roject1999.com some topic" often works better than the actual forum search) to see when this issue has been discussed ad nauseum.

Clearly your opinion is one we should all highly value.
I bet I’ve donated more $$ than most people in just the 1 year I’ve been playing here

What is your volunteer position again? I’m confused as to what you do for Nilbog besides suck up

I don’t really care about what he said in your old forum link and the fact you can even find it is sad. I also don’t really care about what might happen 10 years from now, considering the dude might not even be alive then

I care about his opinion on what he can do (and what he would need to do something different) when the time is approaching
Old 11-28-2021, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I care about his opinion on what he can do (and what he would need to do something different) when the time is approaching
But you don't, and we've established that.

If you did you'd read the history of their posts, and show me how wrong I am by showing me where they say another server is even in consideration of being an option. If you're right, it will be trivial to show the world how right you are and how wrong I am by doing that, and it would take < 30 minutes.

For the record though, until you can produce said quote I consider out conversation finished. All it will be if we continue is you wanting things that can't happen, and me saying "yes, but what about reality?"

Last edited by loramin; 11-28-2021 at 09:15 PM..
Old 11-28-2021, 09:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
But you don't, and we've established that.

If you did you'd read the history of their posts, and show me how wrong I am by showing me where they say another server is even in consideration of being an option..
Oh really his position years ago on all things are the same as his now? Silly me thinking that our resources and interests can change over time. I didn’t realize life was so static
Old 11-28-2021, 09:37 PM
Banned

But yes it goes without saying that if the devs say in the future that an additional server is not an option, then obviously dumping everyone into the top heavy drama-fueled blue is better than deletion

The other possible variable here is the health of Live/TLP EQ. The worse they are doing, the more people who will set their eyes on private servers, both as players and potential guides or whatever. If people believe that live is on its way out, more and more will come to private servers and go underground with them if daybreak/dark paw tries to shut them down

Has anyone heard of WoW ascension? A private offshore server, literally stealing WoW IP and COMPLETELY monetizing it, and blizzard can’t touch them. It’s incredibly popular, maybe slightly less with the release of WoW classic trials of mastery
Old 11-28-2021, 10:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

So, here's my big question: are they going to give us like...16 character slots, or are our green toons going to overwrite our blue toons or vise-versa?
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Old 11-28-2021, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by svevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, here's my big question: are they going to give us like...16 character slots, or are our green toons going to overwrite our blue toons or vise-versa?
The server can hold all the combined characters so they will all be there server side

There is however a client limitation that it can only display the top 8 characters in alphabetical order. If you have more than 8, you will have to delete characters to get the deeper ones to show
Old 11-28-2021, 10:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server can hold all the combined characters so they will all be there server side

There is however a client limitation that it can only display the top 8 characters in alphabetical order. If you have more than 8, you will have to delete characters to get the deeper ones to show
Yikes! Feel bad for people who spent a lot of time on both servers...

Guess I won't run and start toons on Blue, then.
Vorkas- 33 Gnome Warrior <Castle>
Hake - 50 Human Monk <Castle>
Xykz -43 Iksar Warrior<Ancient Blood>
Closed Thread