Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2021, 05:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Twitter has an obvious leftwing bias with regard to how they enforce their policies. Explain how they don't, which seems to be your position I think?

There seem to be two contradictory left wing positions here:

1) Twitter isn't biased politically, it's just that only the evil mean right wing people do bad stuff and get banned!

2) Twitter IS biased politically, but that's okay because private company!

Which one is it?
Reality has a left wing bias. Its your sides own fault for departing with it.

You think the people who pray to invisible sky men and RD are the ones who have the firmest grip on reality?

Someone told you that twitter is biased, someone told you how to feel, here you are. How can that be true when the GOP has a twitter page..? The RNC has a twitter page. Right wing think tanks have twitter pages. Most GOP congressmen have a twitter page.

So no, I dont buy your choices. Stop posting lies about people to try to destroy their dads political ambitions and maybe you wont get banned.

I know this is hard to swallow but this is why you dont meet many right winger scientists/programmers/technical field workers. The people who cant follow directions. I'll say it again, its a reading comprehension problem, not a left or right problem. Someone's opinion, right or wrong, isnt the news and I'm glad they dont let people present it as factual news.

Weird how the USA is only like 15% of their user base but you're saying it like we're the only people who post on it. Over a billion people use twitter. So how can it be SOOO left wing when we(usa) only account for like 15% of the platform..?
Old 12-03-2021, 05:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Left doesn't believe in anything, that's why it's so frustrating to appeal to logic with them. All these ghouls care about is dunking and scoring points with other ghouls. They don't believe in facts, they don't believe in God. They are the champion of killing babies. They fought against the end of slavery.

Be happy your parents helped you get to this place. These lefties have nothing to live for other than twitter retweets.
^^^ he mad
Old 12-03-2021, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Left doesn't believe in anything, that's why it's so frustrating to appeal to logic with them. All these ghouls care about is dunking and scoring points with other ghouls. They don't believe in facts, they don't believe in God. They are the champion of killing babies. They fought against the end of slavery.

Be happy your parents helped you get to this place. These lefties have nothing to live for other than twitter retweets.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-03-2021, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravydoo II [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Reality has a left wing bias. Its your sides own fault for departing with it.

You think the people who pray to invisible sky men and RD are the ones who have the firmest grip on reality?

Someone told you that twitter is biased, someone told you how to feel, here you are. How can that be true when the GOP has a twitter page..? The RNC has a twitter page. Right wing think tanks have twitter pages. Most GOP congressmen have a twitter page.

So no, I dont buy your choices. Stop posting lies about people to try to destroy their dads political ambitions and maybe you wont get banned.

I know this is hard to swallow but this is why you dont meet many right winger scientists/programmers/technical field workers. The people who cant follow directions. I'll say it again, its a reading comprehension problem, not a left or right problem. Someone's opinion, right or wrong, isnt the news and I'm glad they dont let people present it as factual news.

Weird how the USA is only like 15% of their user base but you're saying it like we're the only people who post on it. Over a billion people use twitter. So how can it be SOOO left wing when we(usa) only account for like 15% of the platform..?
Oh please the company was developed and is headquartered in the US. The policy is drawn up and deployed in the US, under sociopolitical social mores of the US. So it matters, you can't just wash it out into "it's gloobal mannnnn, anything goes!"

And my critique is that their policy is total bullshit, and violates the strictures sec 230 is supposed to impose upon these companies, IN THE US. I don't care how china interacts with twitter, I care about the relationship between election integrity and the dispensation of information in the United States with regard to twitter, that's how this whole argument got started.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
what is the plan or ideas, to nationalize these platforms?
We just follow the rules and apply them as they were intended. If you are acting as an open platform for all to speak freely, you are protected under Section 230.

If you censor, edit, editorialize, etc. you aren't protected.

There is no legal penalty for choosing the second option. It just means you are open to all kinds of lawsuits since you are now responsible for everything posted on your website.

It's a good rule when applied as it was intended. Big tech was given the benefit of the doubt, but now that we see they aren't acting in good faith.

They are acting like CNN, therefore can be sued for what's on their website, just like CNN. Social media companies don't have 100% control of their platform, so they won't survive under the section option. Would be a big win for free speech.

Don't like it? Then stay protected under Section 230 by not being a "publisher" and just being a "platform."

Pretty simple. Guess lib brain can comprehend for some.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
oh and also nobody was saying ivermectin "cures" covid, if you could be bothered to actually look into it. It is showing promise for certain patients to lessen the severity of certain symptoms, that's all.
No it doesn't. And if you post otherwise, you deserve to have your internet footprint deleted entirely. We don't need those kind of bullshit lies that have already been thoroughly debunked when people are out there dying from covid because they think it's a fix. It's not censorship when it's obvious that you're too stupid not to post literal propaganda that is most likely sponsored by a foreign actor. It's treasonous that you would even repeat it.

And your first amendment rights aren't protected while you're committing treason. Stop it.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 12-03-2021, 07:25 PM
Banned

For people that think twitter is so amazing, this statistic is from 2021:

"206 million users access Twitter daily. 75% of them are not based in the US"

Doing a little math here, 206 - (0.75 * 206) = 51.5 million

51.5 / 320 = 16%

16% of the US population uses twitter daily

Twitter is not representative of anything. It's views are not representative of anything. I have stayed off Twatter and my life is better for it
Last edited by unsunghero; 12-03-2021 at 07:28 PM..
Old 12-03-2021, 07:35 PM
Banned

"If Twitter is so insignificant being 16% of the population, why do Conservatives have a problem with it?"

Part of what makes Twitter seem more significant than it really is, is the left corporate media (and to a lesser extent the right corporate media, because they do it too) referencing what people on it are saying as if it matters. And not even what ALL of twitter is saying, but usually what just a handful of people on twitter are saying. When you don't want to report on actual news because it doesn't fit your narrative, just report on what people on Twitter are saying

And sometimes their viewers are just dumb enough to believe that matters
Old 12-03-2021, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For people that think twitter is so amazing, this statistic is from 2021:

"206 million users access Twitter daily. 75% of them are not based in the US"

Doing a little math here, 206 - (0.75 * 206) = 51.5 million

51.5 / 320 = 16%

16% of the US population uses twitter daily

Twitter is not representative of anything. It's views are not representative of anything. I have stayed off Twatter and my life is better for it
Couldn't you have just done 0.25 * 206? Fucking common core!
Old 12-03-2021, 07:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whale biologist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Couldn't you have just done 0.25 * 206? Fucking common core!
I like giving my self extra math for no reason, don't judge me!
Closed Thread