Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 01:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best cc is wizard. Kite adds with aoe snare, root them all spaced out, use a variety of stuns to keep casters interrupted or fuck it just wuad all four adds down before the group kills the main target lol.
autismspeaks.org
Old 12-08-2021, 01:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by realsubtle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
my parents got me ruins of kunark and a subscription, i made it to level 14 as enchanter
Poor reading comprehension. I'm sorry.
Old 12-08-2021, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I ever was embarrassed about something that happened in a video game I'd have serious problems to consider. Unlike most people on P99 I actually played classic EQ. I quit right before Kunark and came back late in Velious just before Luclin. There are probably like 5 people on P99 who remember classic era with the same detail I do.

NO ONE was leveling Enchanter in classic EQ unless they hated themselves. By far statistically it was the least popular class. That is why I hate P99 Enchanter so much because I basically want to play Green launch, relive my classic glory, and then quit when Kunark comes out and yet there is Enchanter the most popular class totally inverted from classic.

I was playing actually fun classes and cybering elfs not posting on the SOE forums about why my class seems to be worse with every patch. To answer your question, I share it because those who know classic know I'm right. Those who don't will keep thinking their memories of Luclin and PoP mean anything. One of my recent favorite reads was archived Enchanter posts where everyone agreed they don't even memorize Mez. That's how broken Enchanter was. When they fixed Mez which was broken in about 10 different ways, Enchanters complained they couldn't DoT mobs anymore because they used to be able to DoT a Mezzed mob. I could play P99 Enchanter well but I don't want to, it's a near zero downtime OP class and I only played EQ as something to do to make things I didn't want to do more enjoyable like cleaning the house. I can't clean the house if I have to keep charming and have no reason to stop. I like quadding, I like downtime breaks for cybering elfs and tidying my study.

You weren't there, poser...
I mean you’re right that in the initial classic old world era not many people were playing enchanters because they didn’t realize what they could do. But the classic era overall is old world through Velious and by Kunark there were lots of enchanters everywhere. People had really started to realize the power of the class. Did they have charm killing down to an exact science like they do now? Definitely not, but the number of enchanters increased a ton through Kunark.
Old 12-08-2021, 05:17 PM
Banned

hey guys trust me i got my enc to 8 on live, ok?
(LOL)
Old 12-08-2021, 06:20 PM
Planar Protector

Game was hard in 2001 = game should be hard now
Old 12-08-2021, 06:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 12-08-2021, 06:33 PM
Banned

i bet you feel pretty silly right now
Old 12-08-2021, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean you’re right that in the initial classic old world era not many people were playing enchanters because they didn’t realize what they could do. But the classic era overall is old world through Velious and by Kunark there were lots of enchanters everywhere. People had really started to realize the power of the class. Did they have charm killing down to an exact science like they do now? Definitely not, but the number of enchanters increased a ton through Kunark.
lol you're in every enchanter thread saying that enchanter players back in 1999 had brain damage
Old 12-08-2021, 11:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol you're in every enchanter thread saying that enchanter players back in 1999 had brain damage
He never quits.

It has nothing to do with "muh game knowledge." Enchanter was the least popular class because it was broken. The evidence is already compiled in the bug forum. The only question, if he was mature enough to admit the truth, is if P99 should recreate pet bugs or not during the classic period before Kunark.

Anyone who played classic remembers people hating ALL pet classes and telling them not to summon a pet in groups especially indoors. The pets fell through the world, they aggro mobs through walls, they randomly ran away from the group, they attacked group members, and so on. This is all supported in patch notes, archived in era player posts, class guides, and more. Necro was the only good pet class and it was an OP solo master class that didn't even need a group. If their pet fell through the world they just feigned.

Enchanter's charm pet was even worse than other pets in this regard as you can imagine. This guy just can't admit it though even in the face of overwhelming evidence he just repeats his "muh game knowledge" lies. Even beyond the pet and charm stuff, I also showed him classic era class guides which outline the exact same mechanics people on P99 use. This wasn't secret knowledge. Live had probably 100x as many players during classic. People figured things out and quickly. The things they didn't figure out were how to deal with the endless bugs.

It would be rather silly and maybe a bit extreme to recreate bugs like your pet randomly falling through the zone, warping to the zone safe spot, and then running back to you getting aggro and dying and training the entire zone. My only argument was that it's fine to fix those bugs and not recreate them but in exchange Enchanter charm especially should be nerfed pre-Kunark. Once Kunark launches it's fine, leave it as it is, but to account for the corrected bugs we shouldn't be letting Enchanter trivialize classic in a way that never happened on live. Otherwise no matter what class you play, no matter what you do, Enchanter is ruining the classic experience because they can solo farm dungeon items and flood the economy, they trivialize grouping using backstabbing pets, and they trivialize planar raids using charmed pets.

It's like that other person who in response to me saying Enchanter sucked in classic era pre-Kunark said they played an Enchanter starting in Kunark and it was a powerful class. People are just retarded I guess I can't help that. I'm probably retarded too for talking to them anymore.
Old 12-08-2021, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread