Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't play on red.

It happens on every character I try to log into - it does not seem specific to any zone or character file.

As far as drivers, I updated my graphics driver to the latest when this first happened - no solution there.

Quite frankly, it happened directly after the patch hit (I literally unzipped the file into my EQ directory, logged in right away, and crashed - and thought, hrm, that's odd, i've honestly never crashed in my life). It has just persisted and intensified since then.

Almost certainly has to do with the new patch files and it's interactions - maybe dsetup.dll is trying to grab something it shouldn't - some sort of access violation?

It happens when nothing is running but EQ - it happens when I have a MTGO client, a WoW client, and EQ up. It happens when I have video running. It happens, without fail, everytime I log in, no matter what the circumstances.

I have tried changing my resolution - 800 x 600, 1900 x 1200, 1440 x 900 - it happens.

I try launching without WinEQ2 - it happens.
this ^^ please fix. its been fubar'd since v33 patch
Last edited by Wonton; 07-15-2014 at 06:42 PM..
Old 07-15-2014, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

I had the same issue start happening after the patch from like march or april.

Changing my resolution settings as well as running EQ as an admin seems to have fixed it completely. The issue that I have now is that anytime my logs are set on (/log on) my game lags out badly.
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 07-15-2014, 06:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by August [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quite frankly, it happened directly after the patch hit (I literally unzipped the file into my EQ directory, logged in right away, and crashed - and thought, hrm, that's odd, i've honestly never crashed in my life). It has just persisted and intensified since then.
Try extracting the patch folder, then copy-pasting the files manually (all at once, just manually instead of with the extractor) into the EverQuest folder. This fixed similar problems with a number of other people.

Also, a dude.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Changing my resolution settings as well as running EQ as an admin seems to have fixed it completely. The issue that I have now is that anytime my logs are set on (/log on) my game lags out badly.
I always run as Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB
Try extracting the patch folder, then copy-pasting the files manually (all at once, just manually instead of with the extractor) into the EverQuest folder. This fixed similar problems with a number of other people.
Tried, did not work.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-15-2014, 07:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasslehofp99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Are you using EQwin2? if so, how do you change the resolution? or do you mean in-game resolution?
Old 07-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonton [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you using EQwin2? if so, how do you change the resolution? or do you mean in-game resolution?

WinEQ2 dimensions are stored in the eqclient.ini at the very end. they're labeled like [WinEQ resolutions] or something like that, Height/Width.
Scientist - 37 ROG
Old 07-16-2014, 01:13 PM
Sarnak

It's a bug that was introduced in patch 33... never had that kind of loading into world crash until the moment i installed it... now 5+ times a day.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:12 PM
Large Bat

so its not resolution? its not frame rate?

you telling me only thing I can do is not switch toons? or have another window with EQ at the Login screen and as soon as I know I'm out just login and close that first window since I know its gonna crash?

ive played for 6 years and never had issues till recently
Old 11-30-2021, 06:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Seven years later it doesn't appear that there was a resolution to this. I have an upgraded older system running windows XP just to run EQ. I get a lot less crashes but I still crash when i switch accounts, I'd say one-third of the time. If anyone knows a fix, I would definitely greatly appreciate it.