Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 12:49 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation Friend of the Tunarean Court

Reason for posting:
This quest is marked in the "Velious Testing Super List" as Broken/Unavailable, and the final post in this thread says to not try it because it's broken, although the poster seems to be referring to EQ Live, the combination of these two things nearly detoured me from starting the quest.

However:
Here is a video of a player named Tadhg Firebark completing it on p99.

Furthermore:
If this quest is in fact working, it's broken for me in particular.

Lady Gelistial, when hailed, does not respond at all. Here is what I should see.

Please note that she cons indifferent to me - which is correct - and I've never killed any unicorns.

Q1) Can we edit those posts saying it's broken?
Q2) Thoughts on my Lady Gelistial issue?

Thanks!
Micron Tron
Old 09-27-2017, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

You do not need to talk to her for the Crest of the Unicorn

just go to PoM, slay the black unicorn - loot the horn

turn in horn to the white unicorn that spawns next to the black one ( same room ) and boom Crest of the Unicorn
Old 09-27-2017, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah its not broken. That was a long month and alot of favors. Ask @Sorn , they will tell you what a pita it is to do anything in PoM lol.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 09-27-2017, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Hey! That's me on Tadhg! Hahaha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That was a great moment...he wears the ring proudly still!

The faction for all unicorns was fixed some time ago since they were all threatening before. Black unicorns should be on Lithiniath while white unicorns are on Gelistial. At the time I did not try hailing her because she was threatening, so I couldn't tell if she had quest text.

Lady Gelistial does not have any quest text on p99 for some reason - Definitely something that should be fixed. Otherwise the quest and all its turn-ins work.

You have to get to Plane of Mischief (a pain in the butt, get yourself up there first before trying to figure out spawn timers) and then hang out for two different 16 hour spawn windows to finish this quest. The unicorns are killed very regularly on p99 due to their chance of dropping the higher tier cards for PoM quests. You can't solo them, so make your friends come to PoM too...

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 09-27-2017 at 02:22 PM..
Old 09-28-2017, 03:13 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey! That's me on Tadhg! Hahaha [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] That was a great moment...he wears the ring proudly still!

The faction for all unicorns was fixed some time ago since they were all threatening before. Black unicorns should be on Lithiniath while white unicorns are on Gelistial. At the time I did not try hailing her because she was threatening, so I couldn't tell if she had quest text.

Lady Gelistial does not have any quest text on p99 for some reason - Definitely something that should be fixed. Otherwise the quest and all its turn-ins work.

You have to get to Plane of Mischief (a pain in the butt, get yourself up there first before trying to figure out spawn timers) and then hang out for two different 16 hour spawn windows to finish this quest. The unicorns are killed very regularly on p99 due to their chance of dropping the higher tier cards for PoM quests. You can't solo them, so make your friends come to PoM too...
Complete-able but broken. Got it. Thanks for the tips, sir.
Old 09-28-2017, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

I checked on Lady Gelistial today and she gave me all the quest text. She is currently amiable to me. (I've definitely killed a few unicorns since completing that quest...for revenge, of course. And unicorn pickles.)

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 09-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Sarnak

I wonder if this quest text is supposed to be given at indifferent instead of amiable. Can't find anything on old websites about people having this issue.
Old 09-03-2021, 11:23 AM
Project Manager

This should already be fixed.

If there are additional issues with this, create a new bug report.

Moving to resolved.
Closed Thread