make server smaller for smaller pop

wallmart gear can compete in pvp vs vp geared folks

makes it more fun

also velious makes the game way more time consuming

im pretty sure most of us don't want that
Old 12-02-2021, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

Tune thanks for weighing in.

how long does it take for gear gap to get too big? how does it actually happen? If there are so many velious +15 all stats + 100 mana / HP items why can't walmart guilds get it? Does it require too many people?

Never raided velious only fear kited cougars and mammoths as a trash can ranger in era.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tune thanks for weighing in.

how long does it take for gear gap to get too big? how does it actually happen? If there are so many velious +15 all stats + 100 mana / HP items why can't walmart guilds get it? Does it require too many people?

Never raided velious only fear kited cougars and mammoths as a trash can ranger in era.
Basically anyone that raids in Velious has insurmountably better resists and more HP than everyone else. Classic and Kunark raid gear was rather restrained in total stat expenditure per item, so a fully raid geared toon in Kunark, unbuffed, had only 20-30% more HP than a group geared toon. Lack of extraordinary stat distribution on items also meant starting race was a more meaningful decision.

Just look at some of the Apex or Empire Red Magelo pages. Velious characters had obnoxiously high stats, HP and resists. Impossible to compete with if you aren't clearing the same content, and that content was easily locked down so that "walmart guilds" never even got a crack at it.

The only thing in Kunark that gave anywhere near that kind of power in one item was an epic. And isn't that kind of fitting?
Red99: 60 Ranger / 60 Rogue / 60 Monk / 60 Necro / 55 Wiz / 54 Paladin / 54 Bard / 48 Druid
Old 12-02-2021, 02:33 PM
Orc

Just wanted to say that I mainly lurk, because I'd rather play or code than argue, and Gustoo's posts are a large reason why I do so.

I believe in your dream of Red 2.0 Gustoo, and will wait patiently to share in it.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But at that time I didn't see or care about what was going on at level 60, and on rallos there was pretty much a small PK guild and three big anti PK raiding guilds so I don't think it was much of a problem.
Where the fuck did you guys play, like seriously? Did i play on Rallos in an alternate universe?

Thats the second person here claiming to have played on Rallos saying pvp was scarce. You could literally not level most of the times because youd get attacked by PKs and i liked it. I would smoke weed, sit down and expect this shit. Its why i played.

Like there was quite a bit of pk players, to the point where i didnt have to decide if i wanted to be anti or PK on the basis that "i like to pvp" so playing anti sorts of gimps my ability to pvp because i cant attack everyone. There was so many PK guilds that even if you played anti, there was loads of people to KOS because of their guild tags.

Artful death
Flowers of happiness
Black claws
inimical
malicious intent

Just off the top of my head, 20 years later. I made it only to 44 in 1.5 years before quitting because i just had fun smelling the pvp flowers on the way.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 12-02-2021 at 04:10 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 04:11 PM
Banned

the fun thing about velious geared ppl would be to log in like 12 friends and take them down

now thats kinda not allowed and lns... and those ppl who are velious geared just /plug or log in to raid only or log in their stable of alts to troll newbz

i agree vanilla needs more loot and more dungeons - not scaling to planar lvl th, more like in the 30's and slower exp
Old 12-02-2021, 04:14 PM
Planar Protector

That comment was specifically made about the velious raiding situation. I don't think velious had an impact because the vast majority of level 60 people with raid aspirations were anti PK's and sorted out their difficulties without pvp so they could all benefit. The PK's probably hated it but they were small pop at that level.

PVP was constant at all levels under 60 though. I leveled in the most backwoods nomansland places ever for the one character I leveled, and he only made it to level 46. I also just PVPed (but on other characters).

Thats why for me, velious was the best expansion ever because it added so many awesome droppable game changing items like the ones I mentioned.

Luclin ruined the game by making the trading area not also a PVP area, and added no similar items to enhance the PVP experience.

The anti pk/pk dynamic was real and awesome.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-02-2021 at 04:21 PM..
Old 12-02-2021, 04:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
That comment was specifically made about the velious raiding situation. I don't remember anyone saying "man velious broke eq PVP!" on rallos zek, and I believe it was because the level 60 population was 95% in 3x quality raiding guilds and 5% PK guys trying to mess them up.

PVP threat was constant at all times for me also. I leveled in super obscure areas on the one character I actually leveled up and like you he only made it to level 46 he is probably sitting at the cougars in velious right now and his next step was mammoths in GD but they were pretty tough so I went back. I mostly did PVP at low levels, because it was what I enjoyed doing. Thats why I mentioned velious being the best times ever because the new strategies those hax items that had no level requirement opened up.
Ahh ok i see. I mean i questioned tune having played on Rallos at all when i saw him say pvp was not happening on Rallos. I remember our guild leader taking us to that goblin place near misty i think that got xp nerfed recently here because it was out of the way and could get some levels without getting attacked every 20 minutes.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah I leveled on the sirens in ocean of tears on my ranger until they were giving basically no EXP to avoid getting murdered. I never had an appetite for long exp grinding so seldom grouped up and dealt with managing a group and getting destroyed by PVP and stuff, I found it most expedient to solo during my own time in junk places. Even with that, I wore full banded + hp rings and wolf bracers and like black iron crown and dwarven ringmail tunic all the way to 46 since those items were like 20pp to replace if I got murdered while leveling and you really don't need gear to PVE.

yeah dude the pvp was all over it was the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yeah I leveled on the sirens in ocean of tears on my ranger until they were giving basically no EXP to avoid getting murdered. I never had an appetite for long exp grinding so seldom grouped up and dealt with managing a group and getting destroyed by PVP and stuff, I found it most expedient to solo during my own time in junk places. Even with that, I wore full banded + hp rings and wolf bracers and like black iron crown and dwarven ringmail tunic all the way to 46 since those items were like 20pp to replace if I got murdered while leveling and you really don't need gear to PVE.

yeah dude the pvp was all over it was the best.
ya same
Closed Thread