Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Yea the procs are same I guess it's just far more satisfying to chain proc 155 DD than it is to refresh the Dot/hot from the SK epic. I love them both though.
Old 01-12-2021, 05:35 PM
Sarnak

Thank you all for the responses. I have the fungi already as well as cocw and some other decent gear. Using a reaver but want to upgrade since it doesn’t hit magic. Just figured since the fungi seems kinda pointless at high lvls it would be a good idea to swap it for a better weapon. I plan on getting a dw bp if I can ever find one.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg822 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you all for the responses. I have the fungi already as well as cocw and some other decent gear. Using a reaver but want to upgrade since it doesn’t hit magic. Just figured since the fungi seems kinda pointless at high lvls it would be a good idea to swap it for a better weapon. I plan on getting a dw bp if I can ever find one.
If you are willing to sell your fungi and just buy one weapon as an upgrade, get https://wiki.project1999.com/Massive_Dragonclaw_Shard . Basically the best weapon an SK/Paladin can buy from a ratio perspective, and it is magical. Obviously excluding Reaver, which has a better ratio, but it isnt magical.

Since you are a Paladin, https://wiki.project1999.com/Narandi%27s_Lance is probably better than the Shard. I forget that Paladins do not lose 15 piercing points like Shadowknights, so the ratio will be better, and it is two handed with a proc. On a Shadowknight the shard is probably better, due to their lower max piercing value.

This does depend on your level though, Narandis Lance requires level 55, so Shard may still be the best option if you are nowhere close to 55, and you can resell it anyway when you do hit 55.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-12-2021 at 06:24 PM..
Old 01-12-2021, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you are willing to sell your fungi and just buy one weapon as an upgrade, get https://wiki.project1999.com/Massive_Dragonclaw_Shard . Basically the best weapon an SK/Paladin can buy from a ratio perspective, and it is magical. Obviously excluding Reaver, which has a better ratio, but it isnt magical.

Since you are a Paladin, https://wiki.project1999.com/Narandi%27s_Lance is probably better than the Shard. I forget that Paladins do not lose 15 piercing points like Shadowknights, so the ratio will be better, and it is two handed with a proc. On a Shadowknight the shard is probably better, due to their lower max piercing value.

This does depend on your level though, Narandis Lance requires level 55, so Shard may still be the best option if you are nowhere close to 55, and you can resell it anyway when you do hit 55.
Sks do get higher offense than paladins though, which someone mentioned is better than the piercing disadvantage. I have not researched the actual effects though.

Shard is also very very difficult to sell when you do eventually upgrade it. I’d recommend pallies go jeldorin/reaver then sell reaver for Lance at 55.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg822 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fungi is so good, try to keep it and then swap in dw bp/vindi bp as needed as you acquire them.
Old 01-12-2021, 06:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sks do get higher offense than paladins though
I know what the P99 wiki says, but in-game my 60 Shadow Knight has 225 offense. What does a 60 Paladin have on P1999?

Danth
Old 01-12-2021, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know what the P99 wiki says, but in-game my 60 Shadow Knight has 225 offense. What does a 60 Paladin have on P1999?

Danth
Just checked my paladin. 225 offense. Also 205 parry (wiki says 200).

As for the weapon path, I'd prob just keep going with the reaver. Easy to put that thing to good use at least until 55 when the Narandi is arguably the best weapon for the money. Even then though, hitting 60 solo with a reaver is easy and it's a great raid weapon with the SV's. If someone has a SK and is looking to buy a shard i'd prob just get an Ebon Mace or that sword from lower dogs...selling that shard is a real PITA.

I did end up selling my jeldorin btw. I still believe its the best tanking 1h weapon for a pally if dps isn't a concern possibly until you get a Telk sword. Not many good 1h's with hps on it and the Jeldorin has 75 if you arent stamina capped. For me I just wanted to recover the plat and sit on it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Maybe tweak the ranger...because he's pretty sad.
Old 01-25-2021, 09:34 PM
Sarnak

So is the 230 SK offense cap wrong? Should update the wiki if so
Closed Thread