Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 04:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just don't be a dick. Ain't hard.
Old 03-01-2018, 02:30 PM
Server GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for lucan you need to be not afk and actively killing the guards in his room (or an aftermath will come and take the camp from you) but for stormfeather you can afk flop right up until spawn happens and nobody else can contest the camp...

Can we get some consistency with the server rules anytime? Thanks!
For Lucan, you must show you are actively killing Lucan's guards to claim the camp, that's pretty simple. Hell, he has a much shorter spawn time so there's plenty of lucans to go around. It's been this way for a long long time.

For SF, would the community honestly want us to switch the way we judge this camp and say you must actively kill cougars(or whatever, with lack of guards) within the range of the spawn location? That's one long camp. Pretty dumb.

Quote:
Selling SF loot rights, this is a douche move, I will suspend you for it under PNP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wfrench1234 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So. Damn. Convoluted. The camp is intimidating because of the time involved, the mixed up rules...and now I find out loot rights are illegal to sell?

Cue the losing trombone sound from Price is Right.
Yeah sorry. That wasn't fair and a pretty BS response from me. Let me elaborate.

Ultimately we want to prevent is a player camping SF, selling loot rights then not giving up the camp.

So if you want to sell loot rights, that's fine I guess. But you must follow the "kill in a reasonable amount of time" guideline. And give up the camp to the next person on the list. This same thing goes with AC camp or any lore items.
If you are the buyer or seller, I encourage you to screenshot all conversations so it doesn't look like you ninjalooted.

I want to bring up one more point because it's come in up in game a couple times. If you are camping SF and you are AFK during the time it spawned. Another player grabs FTE prior to the 5ish minutes(so it doesn't path too far away), I would tag it asap. This will show us in our logs that you were active. If we see you didn't tag it till after that 5ish minutes, you will probably be SOL.

It's usually best to leave SF be till after that 5ish minutes, but I can understand you are trying to prevent a wandering SF so the camp holder will see it. If you are camping SF, be at your computer during the window, makes things easier and it's the right thing to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This thread funny. Much funny.

You got people complaining about 5 minutes being too much time. You got people complaining about not having enough time in their lives to camp, while playing an EQ emulated server. You got people telling GM's they're wrong. You got people suggesting that the people who play here actually have jobs.

Just don't be a dick. Ain't hard.
lol
Old 03-01-2018, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

Menden - Sure - i can see why it would be dumb to ask people to kill cougars for 3 days to claim a sf camp. Just like its dumb to ask people to kill lucans guards for 8 hours to claim the camp - since Lucan is in no way tied to their spawns or the quest. Just inconveniences people that might want to claim the camp while keeping their faction intact.

The main issue i have is this is not written in server rules anywhere besides hidden in gm responses in 50+ page threads. If you are new to either of these camps and alone you just might just assume the rules are the same for any other named camp youve ever been at and then someone walks up and bullies/rules lawyers you out of the camp. Is that really the server environment we all want?

I dont have the golden solution but i do think a policy that could stay consistent would go a long way. Call me crazy if you want
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:12 PM
Sarnak

Whats the reasoning behind it not being FTE?
Old 03-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Planar Protector

Player agreement
Old 03-01-2018, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sorry. That wasn't fair and a pretty BS response from me. Let me elaborate.
Wait, the staff are human and make mistakes? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

... AND they have the balls to admit as much and correct those mistakes? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Sarnak

I thought the server rules were everything belongs to AM until they get banned then its FFA?
Old 03-28-2018, 02:19 PM
Banned

Stormfeather just spawned for me. Took Exactly 75 hours to the minute.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'd also appreciate a guide changing OP's in character name and surname which is a clear violation of naming conventions.

Thanks for posting!
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

^_^
Old 03-28-2018, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now you have 20 HPs and 5 dex more than another competing melee - and to think people might say you literally completely wasted 3 days on this Earth.
Competing melee? Who is he competing against? Can't he just get it because he wants it for his character? If your only motivation for playing is telling people your max hp/ac/mana you may wanna take a break or move on imo
Closed Thread