Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 10:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you fear kited in Seb, in HS, in velks, in chardok, in KC basement? Any high level zone or area that's worth a damn?

I admire your creativity with the necro, but the fact is they aren't THE choice for a melee class are you stated in your previous post. A shamans slow is so powerful that they aren't gonna just be spamming heals nonstop as you seem to think. Their epic is nearly equivalent to necro's most powerful dot, and they also have other great dots and a pet.

As a melee I can tell you following a feared mob sucks, there's nothing remotely fun about constantly moving around and trying to keep up with the mob.
Yes I have FK'd in HS. Needs to be broken before doing so but I've spent a lot of time there and in Chardok post AoE nerf.

I haven't spent as much time in Seb, only because i prefer HS for all the undead.

You need to look at this logically man. I can guarantee you my necro pet will out damage any gains that a Melee would get from haste during the journey to 60. On top of that the melee won't be getting hit, so absolutely no need for heals, and necro can spot heal if need be. At 44 with pact of shadow, healing is so efficient it's unbelievable. Necro can split with FD, and has a good/great charm of undead. Shaman is lacking in charm department

No I am not saying in literally every instance a necro is better than a shaman. But for the average melee, necro is going to get them from 1 to 50+ much faster.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Duoing necro with melee really deserves its own thread, this is about mage + priest, remember?

From 55 the necro becomes a very effective healer. I used to duo with a Necromancer on my ranger doing hands in KC. Not fear kiting; tank and spank.

There is a lot of synergy between a well geared ranger and a necro 55+.
Old 08-16-2018, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Duoing necro with melee really deserves its own thread, this is about mage + priest, remember?

From 55 the necro becomes a very effective healer. I used to duo with a Necromancer on my ranger doing hands in KC. Not fear kiting; tank and spank.

There is a lot of synergy between a well geared ranger and a necro 55+.
yes i remember some of the best duoing i had was with a Ranger named Alanon, or something like that. KC entrance for hours with that guy.

but i digress
Old 08-23-2018, 10:19 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

If I was picking a mage + ?priest duo for 1-60, then Shaman for sure.

The earth pet tricked out with mage summoned items + shaman buffs is a pretty stout tank, and every mob coming in will have the harshest debuffs in the game. None of the priests has true CC, but shaman are about as good at offtank CC as it gets. And at 60, the shaman is win.

And for min/max, make a troll shman of Innoruuk. Clickie snare to cover that deficiency, plus regen for Canni.

IMHO, YMMV.
Old 10-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Banned

1-39 shaman for sure... send in fire pet + spam inner fire = easy mode
Closed Thread